- 285 Posts
- Stock, (for now)
Messaging app that uses data AND my number...
I'm looking for a messaging app that not only uses data, but also my phone number instead of making a new one up. I have Hangouts and a few others, but they all have me use another number. And any that I've found that use my phone number use the carrier, same as the default messaging app. At my work we can only use wifi because data and phone can't get through all the concrete. I can usually get my messages fine, (only needs a second of service to get them) but my texts sometimes take an hour to go through if they do at all... But if I had data messaging, it wouldn't be a problem. I can use other apps, I know, but I wanted to see if anyone knew of any like I'm looking for.
- 01-23-2014, 10:33 AM #2
Re: Messaging app that uses data AND my number...
I was doing some searching and found out that SMS through your number need to go through your carrier's connection."The worst foe lies within the self....."
Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
- 01-24-2014, 12:08 AM #4
- By fofjjsr in forum Samsung Galaxy GearReplies: 2Last Post: 02-01-2014, 10:04 PM
- By angryfish101 in forum Samsung Galaxy S3 MiniReplies: 2Last Post: 01-31-2014, 07:59 PM
- By effreyj in forum Moto XReplies: 37Last Post: 01-26-2014, 03:02 PM
- By PixelArt56 in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 4Last Post: 01-25-2014, 08:53 AM
- By den1959 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 1Last Post: 01-23-2014, 11:49 AM