- 3 Posts
My "About Phone" information used to indicate dual CDMA/GSM network, no longer?
I have GS3 I purchased at a Verizon store. The info in settings used to indicate a dual sim CDMA and GSM compatible phone. The updates changed a few things including the info in settings. My phone only indicates Verizon and LTE.
I want to switch carriers and was under the impression this phone was able to switch with a new sim card.
Is this a Verizon move?
Is the phone CDMA or can it indeed be switched once I pry it from Verizon's cold dead network hands?
- 02-15-2014, 08:01 PM #2
Re: My "About Phone" information used to indicate dual CDMA/GSM network, no longer?
Does the phone have a sim card slot? If so, borrow a sim from someone and see if it works, I believe Verizon phones come unlocked,if not you'll have to get it unlocked and it should work with a GSM carrier.
- By svdroidguy in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 23Last Post: 11-07-2014, 05:04 AM
- By Lindsey Elder in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 10Last Post: 03-01-2014, 03:29 PM
- By kwitel in forum Verizon HTC OneReplies: 13Last Post: 02-20-2014, 10:49 AM
- By joncmunson in forum HTC One M7Replies: 15Last Post: 02-17-2014, 01:37 PM
- By brigeatenex in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly BeanReplies: 3Last Post: 02-16-2014, 02:19 PM