Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
02-15-2014 08:35 PM
3 replies
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone/Battery Issues

As of late, my phone has really been acting up. It started with huge battery drain in short time spans. My phone will go from 100% to 50% in an hour.

It also charges super slow. For instance, I plugged it in today at 15% around 3pm and it now at 8:30ish sits at 18%.

My third and final issue (for now) is that when I have my phone plugged in to charge, it will still discharge when being used while charging.

I have loved this phone, but these recent issues have me wanting to look into finding a new one.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

Default Re: Phone/Battery Issues

Remove the battery, lay it flat on a table, and spin it. If it spins freely, that means it's bulging in the middle, which means it's going bad. Try a new battery.
    TBoltShock83839 likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Remove the battery, lay it flat on a table, and spin it. If it spins freely, that means it's bulging in the middle, which means it's going bad. Try a new battery.
    Just gave that a try. It didn't spin freely. It has been doing all of this stuff with both of my batteries. But it'd still almost be worth a shot to buy a new battery and see if that would be the fix.

It's always worth wiping the system cache partition: [Guide] Rebooting into Recovery Mode for the Galaxy S2, S3, and Tab2.