1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Using S3 in Yorkshire Dales

Don't know if it's even possible to use this phone in Europe, but I understand public phones are harder and harder to come by, so what do you do if you want to use cellphone over there?

Default Re: Using S3 in Yorkshire Dales

I believe that the SCH-I535 is listed as a world phone, but a model like the GT-i9300 would have a better guarantee of working over there. For any of the GSM phones (pretty much anything BUT the Verizon model) you'd just purchase a prepaid SIM in the area where you're traveling.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    I believe that the SCH-I535 is listed as a world phone, but a model like the GT-i9300 would have a better guarantee of working over there. For any of the GSM phones (pretty much anything BUT the Verizon model) you'd just purchase a prepaid SIM in the area where you're traveling.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    In other words I can forget about using my SCH-I535 (Verizon S3) in England?

You should give Verizon a call to find out; I know that it's advertised as a world phone, I just don't know what that capability extends to (ex. calls only? calls and data?).

I haven't had the opportunity to travel internationally to find out myself. Want some company? :beer: