Dying Galaxy S3?

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 is updated with the latest version of Android; all stock condition..

it's bee acting strangely lately and I think it just kicked the bucket today...

The power button won't power up or down - basically had no response when I press it...

I did a reboot buy pulling the battery out and let it sit for awhile before I reinstalled the battery...

It then booted to "Safe Mode" and the power button still didn't work...

I then repeated the battery pull....

Then, the phone won't turn on, except the occasional vibration..

Any thing I can do to bring this phone back to life or am I looking for a replacement?

PLEASE HELP!!

cheers,

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
My Galaxy S3 is updated with the latest version of Android; all stock condition..

it's bee acting strangely lately and I think it just kicked the bucket today...

The power button won't power up or down - basically had no response when I press it...

I did a reboot buy pulling the battery out and let it sit for awhile before I reinstalled the battery...

It then booted to "Safe Mode" and the power button still didn't work...

I then repeated the battery pull....

Then, the phone won't turn on, except the occasional vibration..

Any thing I can do to bring this phone back to life or am I looking for a replacement?

PLEASE HELP!!

cheers,

Sounds like a hardware issue.

James Changstein

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to all - looks like I am getting a new phone; I lucked out during the factory reset - the phone locked twice but I was able to remove the battery, let it sit and then it actually reset itself... I am not counting on my luck or wishing for a miracle... This phone is dead.. Cheers!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech