- 80 Posts
Dying Galaxy S3?
My Galaxy S3 is updated with the latest version of Android; all stock condition..
it's bee acting strangely lately and I think it just kicked the bucket today...
The power button won't power up or down - basically had no response when I press it...
I did a reboot buy pulling the battery out and let it sit for awhile before I reinstalled the battery...
It then booted to "Safe Mode" and the power button still didn't work...
I then repeated the battery pull....
Then, the phone won't turn on, except the occasional vibration..
Any thing I can do to bring this phone back to life or am I looking for a replacement?
- 02-17-2014, 02:31 PM #2a.k.a. RyZR from HoFo
Motorola Moto X (164.55.2.ghost_verizon.Verizon.en.US, KitKat 4.4.2)
Motorola DROID Bionic (98.72.22.XT865.Verizon.en.US, Jelly Bean 4.1.2)
Google Nexus 7 2012 (KOT49H, KitKat 4.4.2)
What other devices have I had? Here's my phone timeline.
Support your favorite Android app and game developers. Pay for apps! And don't block ads!
- 02-17-2014, 11:05 PM #3
- 02-17-2014, 11:27 PM #4Everything in this post is 100% accurate...I think
R.I.P. Motorola...and what could have been the best smartphone line ever
- 02-18-2014, 12:15 AM #5
- 80 Posts
Re: Dying Galaxy S3?
Thanks to all - looks like I am getting a new phone; I lucked out during the factory reset - the phone locked twice but I was able to remove the battery, let it sit and then it actually reset itself... I am not counting on my luck or wishing for a miracle... This phone is dead.. Cheers!!
- By john_v in forum Sold / Archived Marketplace ThreadsReplies: 5Last Post: 02-17-2014, 06:46 PM
- By angry english in forum Sold / Archived Marketplace ThreadsReplies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2014, 12:37 PM
- By lfnovo in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 2Last Post: 02-17-2014, 11:45 AM
- By GarlandJ in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 2Last Post: 02-17-2014, 11:27 AM
- By Christophe Gevrey in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 0Last Post: 02-17-2014, 04:35 AM