Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree10Likes
  • 1 Post By dadathepanda
  • 4 Post By PJRed2008
  • 2 Post By redcat22
  • 1 Post By jlost
  • 1 Post By Bankokbob54
  • 1 Post By lkovach
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung announced KitKat will come to Galaxy S3

So it is confirmed that the s3 will get kit Kat support from Sammy. Question is, will Vz release the update and will it be in a timely manner? My bet is we'll see a poorly done update by June. What say you?

Posted via Android Central App
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-28-2014 at 02:55 PM.
    the panda has spoken
    Thanked by:
    Rick Bell likes this.

Global Posts
    21,629 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Samsung announced Kit Kat will come to s3

I think that is a good guess.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

ROM
    Stock Non Rooted

Nah they will find a way to mess it up and then finally push it by August. lol I am hoping way before by then but we are talking about Vz here.

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    ROM
    JT's JB CM 10

June?!?! That's a bit early.. I'm thinking Christmas... Of 2015...sigh

What's the difference? Everybody will just ***** about how they don't have it, then will ***** about how bad it is, bricks their phone, wifi is shot, screen blanks, etc forever.Blah blah blah.

ROM
    stock 4.1.2

Quote Originally Posted by PJRed2008 View Post
    What's the difference? Everybody will just ***** about how they don't have it, then will ***** about how bad it is, bricks their phone, wifi is shot, screen blanks, etc forever.Blah blah blah.
    Lol, might have a point or two there. It's funny, in a rather sad way, that when a phone reaches a certain age VZn will seemingly "encourage" you upgrade/buy another phone via OTAs that cause problems. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but my last phone was HTC Tbolt. Just sayin.
    sroake4 and cindylike24 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by redcat22 View Post
    Lol, might have a point or two there. It's funny, in a rather sad way, that when a phone reaches a certain age VZn will seemingly "encourage" you upgrade/buy another phone via OTAs that cause problems. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but my last phone was HTC Tbolt. Just sayin.
    That's so funny and true. My wife had the tbolt and they let her upgrade to the s3 when the s3 was a few months old.
    cindylike24 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PJRed2008 View Post
    I personally will not be updating to KitKat as this will break my WiFi tethering.

I'm glad I pay for internet in my house and don't need to tether my computer to my phone lol

ROM
    Viper

Here is the real question: How long will it take the good devs to strip Knox out of the update so i can run it on my unlocked bootloader?
    Moto X 2014(stock for the time being) ---- Asus Tf300(unlocked on CROMI)
    Galaxy S3(30ft fall...)
    Htc Rezound(s-off on ViperRez)

Quote Originally Posted by jlost View Post
    I'm glad I pay for internet in my house and don't need to tether my computer to my phone lol
    I would get internet at home but only Fios is available at $85 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by thecyberguy View Post
    I would get internet at home but only Fios is available at $85 a month.
    Yikes! Why is it so expensive? At what speeds?

Yikes! Why is it so expensive?
    It's all about competition - my sister lives out in BFE and there's only Time Warner Cable - it's $70/month just for Internet.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Oh I understand...

Yikes! Why is it so expensive? At what speeds?
    15/5 mbps

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    It's all about competition - my sister lives out in BFE and there's only Time Warner Cable - it's $70/month just for Internet.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
    Time Warner offers service for $35 but not in "my area". The house in the front and both next to me have TW. I live in a duplex and cannot get service here. Arghhhhhh

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App

I agree. It's amazing how many problems people have after updates, or just general usage. I had the camera flash thing...did what some said here to fix it and wala no more flash. Life is just not that difficult.
    Thanked by:
    Rick Bell likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankokbob54 View Post
    I agree. It's amazing how many problems people have after updates, or just general usage. I had the camera flash thing...did what some said here to fix it and wala no more flash. Life is just not that difficult.
    True. If it were not for the nice people in these forums to help I wouldn't know much about phones. And I have helped a lot of people also and seemed like a king to them. Lol

Default Re: Samsung announced KitKat will come to Galaxy S3

I think I'm eligible for an upgrade in June, therefore I will most likely have the S5 before the S3 update even comes out

dkdacus likes this.

Nice. My wife has the s3 and she cracked the screen. She got a replacement and after a couple months the home button is barely working. You have to push very hard. So she is getting either the note 3 or S5

Has anyone heard when the 4.4 update is coming for Verizon?

The 4.4 update for the S3 hasn't even come out for unlocked devices yet, and there's no announcement on dates of future updates from Samsung.
    Anyway, the hope is that it will come within the next few (6 is a few, right?) months

I just got a 2nd Jellybean update a few days ago. I was looking for the Kitkat update online and I read somewhere that the Galaxy S3 might not even get it through Verizon. Who knows if that's true or not? It doesn't seem to be anything substantial anyway.....

I just got a 2nd Jellybean update a few days ago. I was looking for the Kitkat update online and I read somewhere that the Galaxy S3 might not even get it through Verizon. Who knows if that's true or not? It doesn't seem to be anything substantial anyway.....
    The update you got was to add roaming ability on the Telus network in Canada. We're probably going to be waiting a while yet for KitKat.

I agree! One day I can read that it is a go. The next day, canceled. The next day, a go. Yesterday, a headline read that it is canceled, bet reading the article, it states that it's canceled in other countries, but still a go, in the US. \_0_/