Samsung announced KitKat will come to Galaxy S3

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
So it is confirmed that the s3 will get kit Kat support from Sammy. Question is, will Vz release the update and will it be in a timely manner? My bet is we'll see a poorly done update by June. What say you?

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Brainfart

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
Re: Samsung announced Kit Kat will come to s3

Nah they will find a way to mess it up and then finally push it by August. lol I am hoping way before by then but we are talking about Vz here.

ryangur

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

June?!?! That's a bit early.. I'm thinking Christmas... Of 2015...sigh

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

What's the difference? Everybody will just ***** about how they don't have it, then will ***** about how bad it is, bricks their phone, wifi is shot, screen blanks, etc forever.Blah blah blah.

redcat22

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site

What's the difference? Everybody will just ***** about how they don't have it, then will ***** about how bad it is, bricks their phone, wifi is shot, screen blanks, etc forever.Blah blah blah.

Lol, might have a point or two there. It's funny, in a rather sad way, that when a phone reaches a certain age VZn will seemingly "encourage" you upgrade/buy another phone via OTAs that cause problems. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but my last phone was HTC Tbolt. Just sayin. :-$

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

Lol, might have a point or two there. It's funny, in a rather sad way, that when a phone reaches a certain age VZn will seemingly "encourage" you upgrade/buy another phone via OTAs that cause problems. I'm not a conspiracy theorist but my last phone was HTC Tbolt. Just sayin. :-$

That's so funny and true. My wife had the tbolt and they let her upgrade to the s3 when the s3 was a few months old.

thecyberguy

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

I personally will not be updating to KitKat as this will break my WiFi tethering.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I'm glad I pay for internet in my house and don't need to tether my computer to my phone lol

NoYankees44

Dec 20, 2011
Visit site

Here is the real question: How long will it take the good devs to strip Knox out of the update so i can run it on my unlocked bootloader? :D

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site

Yikes! Why is it so expensive?
It's all about competition - my sister lives out in BFE and there's only Time Warner Cable - it's $70/month just for Internet.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

thecyberguy

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site

It's all about competition - my sister lives out in BFE and there's only Time Warner Cable - it's $70/month just for Internet.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

Time Warner offers service for $35 but not in "my area". The house in the front and both next to me have TW. I live in a duplex and cannot get service here. Arghhhhhh

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 via Android Central App

Bankokbob54

Apr 9, 2013
Visit site

I agree. It's amazing how many problems people have after updates, or just general usage. I had the camera flash thing...did what some said here to fix it and wala no more flash. Life is just not that difficult.

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site

I agree. It's amazing how many problems people have after updates, or just general usage. I had the camera flash thing...did what some said here to fix it and wala no more flash. Life is just not that difficult.

True. If it were not for the nice people in these forums to help I wouldn't know much about phones. And I have helped a lot of people also and seemed like a king to them. Lol

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I think I'm eligible for an upgrade in June, therefore I will most likely have the S5 before the S3 update even comes out

Posted via Android Central App

jlost

Trusted Member
Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Nice. My wife has the s3 and she cracked the screen. She got a replacement and after a couple months the home button is barely working. You have to push very hard. So she is getting either the note 3 or S5

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech