Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to turn off text vibration when ringer is on- s3 mini

I just got the galaxy s3 mini on friday. Ive noticed that when I have my ringer on I still get a vibration when i receive a text message. Ive ran through all of the settings and played around with everything but cant seem to get it to do what I want. Does anyone know how to do this? Ive searched around many forums and it seems when the phone was updated to jelly bean it lost a lot of its ringer/vibration functionality. I have 14 days to return the phone for another one at the verizon store and if theres no easy way to fix this i may be getting a different phone. Thanks for any help!

Default Re: How to turn off text vibration when ringer is on- s3 mini

Are you using the stock Messaging app? If so, with the app open press the Menu button -> Settings -> scroll down and uncheck 'Vibrate'Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

If I do that then it doesnt vibrate when I get a text when the phone is just on vibrate.

Given that additional constraint, I'm not aware of a way that you can do that with the stock Messaging app. You may be able to find a 3rd party app that provides such an option. Good luck.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Thats so stupid lol.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

I just noticed theres an s3 mini forum, can a mod move this over there?

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

I ran into this problem on my s3 and switched to the Verizon Messages app which allows you to set it to vibrate only in vibrate mode. The Verizon Messages is actually nice and handles picture attachments better than the stock app too. I don't miss the stock app at all.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by crabbz View Post
    I ran into this problem on my s3 and switched to the Verizon Messages app which allows you to set it to vibrate only in vibrate mode. The Verizon Messages is actually nice and handles picture attachments better than the stock app too. I don't miss the stock app at all.
    So I downloaded the verizon messenger app and I like it so far, but what I dont like is that it doesnt show how many characters are in the text you are sending.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts

It doesn't show the number of characters in the message but when you get close to the character limit it starts counting down how many characters you have left above the send button. Looks like it starts counting down when you have 10 characters to go.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Ok ill have to watch that next time I send a long text. I really like how verizon messages lets you have a pop up box on the lock screen. Makes it quick and easy to reply to texts when im busy, I dont like how the box still comes up when the phone is unlocked though.