apps not working while connected to WiFi

sdover86

Feb 25, 2014
Visit site
hopefully someone can help me with this.. my issue just started today. None of my apps are working while connected to wifi. apps like facebook, instagram, pinterest, and i am even not getting emails. i have taken out the battery, restarted my phone, uninstalled and reinstalled all my apps, deleted all my pictures and music, i have even did a factory reset phone. At first play store wouldnt down load anything unless i had my data on just data no wifi. play store just started to work on just wifi.. i have only downloaded facebook to see if this works.. still wont load. and i just finally started getting emails in.. i know its not my wifi because i can use the internet on my phone no issue at all... anyone have any ideas on how to fix this? or is it just one big long lag?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What color is the wi-fi connection icon? Is it blue or grey? I assume you're running Jellybean--if it's grey, that means there's no connection to the Google servers, which can either be a problem at the Google end, but can also signify a problem with your connection. Have you tried rebooting your router?

Catteebee

Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Hi!

I am actually having the same problem. I have tried rebooting my router, phone, re-installing apps & everything, but they aren't working on the wifi at my work either. It isn't all the apps either - it is mainly facebook, google play, gmail & reddit is fun. I'm using a Galaxy S2 .

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
they aren't working on the wifi at my work either
Welcome to the forums!

Just to be clear, nothing that requires an Internet connection is working at home or at work if you're using Wi-Fi?
And the phone has a valid IP address (look in Settings -> About phone -> Status)?
When did the problem start?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

leoalexantony

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
Facebook apps not working while connected to WiFi

My facebook app is not working when it is connected to some wifi connection. I am able to use google play and other apps. My wifi logo is showing grey colour and the signal strength is showing blue colour. How i tried restarting router and phone and also reinstall the apps several times. How can i solve this problem.

Pieliker96

Oct 31, 2015
Visit site
If you go to the preinstalled "Internet" browser (icon should be a globe with blue for oceans and white for land), NOT chrome or any other browser, and get the error: "Can't connect to proxy server" then go to your wifi settings and set proxy to none for your network. Hope this helps. This is also my first post, so....

Yeah.

Mhuff4kids

Feb 21, 2017
Visit site
I am having the same problem. My phone shows that it is connected, but nothing is working. I even had to turn off my WiFi to post here. I am following. I looked for pre installed Internet, to try the fix mentioned, but was not successful.

Xy7B6

Feb 24, 2017
Visit site
Hi, I've had this exact problem for months and I just now discovered out how to fix it. Open your router page in a browser (ex: my AT&T router page is http://192.168.1.254) and in the settings select LAN --> IPv6. Disable IPv6, then save/apply. Turn off wifi on the android, wait a few seconds, turn wifi back on, and voila.

idanny76

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I've had this exact problem for months and I just now discovered out how to fix it. Open your router page in a browser (ex: my AT&T router page is http://192.168.1.254) and in the settings select LAN --> IPv6. Disable IPv6, then save/apply. Turn off wifi on the android, wait a few seconds, turn wifi back on, and voila.

I was in the same situation. I don't know how many months I was dealing with this issue, but it was at least 4 to six months. I thought it was the firewall, internet, or the Custom ROM I was using. My apps were slow opening and some would not even connect. TeamViewer, AT&T, Netflix and many other did not login or took forever to open. I also have an AT&T Router Pace 5268ac and the IPV6 was enabled. IPV6 is great, but I have learned now from searching this issue, that most android apps are using IPV4 and thats a big problem.

I just wanted to thank you for writing about this fix, because I would have never guesses that IPV6 would cause havoc on Android.

Android does not play nice with IPv6 – TechEye

moiova

Jul 29, 2018
Visit site
I was in the same situation. I don't know how many months I was dealing with this issue, but it was at least 4 to six months. I thought it was the firewall, internet, or the Custom ROM I was using. My apps were slow opening and some would not even connect. TeamViewer, AT&T, Netflix and many other did not login or took forever to open. I also have an AT&T Router Pace 5268ac and the IPV6 was enabled. IPV6 is great, but I have learned now from searching this issue, that most android apps are using IPV4 and thats a big problem.

I just wanted to thank you for writing about this fix, because I would have never guesses that IPV6 would cause havoc on Android.

Android does not play nice with IPv6 – TechEye

Thanks for the help. I couldn't disable IPV6 in my modem. I tried my luck by changing from stateless to stateful and it worked!

Dharaneesh Vrd

Nov 3, 2018
Visit site
I have this problem in my oneplus 6 (playstore youtube apps are not loading only with wifi), I m using mercusys 305R in my home but I could not find IPV6 option in LAN setting. Do I need to look for some other config?

Is there any other workaround solved this problem?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz