Image download/display issues (both email & text)
My S3 doesn't seem to want to download texts or images, whether on SMS or email. My home is in a rural area that will frequently see my phone switch between 1x and 3G, but while at work (which is in the city) I have solid 4G. At home I just use wifi.
Example: A text message (either text or image) will show up on my SMS application as such:
"Message size: 25KB
Expires: 14:03, Feb 26, 2014"
I happen to know this particular message is text and not an image. I'll click it and the gray box with the % number appears below it while it tries to load... but it will not load and stays in a continuous "seeking" cycle. I have the same problem with images, too. I've seen people suggest to only send images via email - which I do, but this doesn't help when people send them to me.
I also have the problem with downloading attached images on email when I'm not at home on wifi. Right now I'm at work and my phone shows 4G. A friend just sent an email with a 56KB jpeg attached. But when I click the image, it does the load process where the screen goes black except for the thumbnail of the image with a blue downloading progress bar that continually goes across the bottom of the screen. The image will not load over 4G. I've rebooted my phone and tried to open the image out of gmail again. But the phone can't load it. Meanwhile I just got off a 15-minute phone call that didn't drop or lose signal at any point.
What I've tried so far:
* I've searched the forums and I've seen the suggestions about enabling packet data in settings, but my phone doesn't have that menu option under "Mobile Networks" - so I can't seem to try this apparent fix.
* I've removed the battery & re-started my phone, then tried to re-download the image/messages but they still hang and it doesn't fix the issue.
* I've tried downloading the messages and images in other geographic locations to no avail.
* I've turned off wifi, using only mobile networks. Still can't download email or SMS images.
My phone data:
* unlocked Verizon S3
* Go SMS Pro app for text messaging
* gmail app for email
* Mobile data is enabled under "mobile networks" in settings.
* signal strength: -92 dBm 50 asu
* Network mode: Global
* APN: LTE - Verizon Internet
* Global Data Roaming: allow access
I understand if I have 1x there isn't a good connection & I don't expect images & texts to come through. But with 3G and 4G, I should at the very least be able to load texts & images, right? Any help is appreciated!