Updating Email Notifications in Status Bar

steve_ma

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if email notifications on the status bar are supposed to update themselves if we do nothing on the device? It seems that unless I pull down the notifications window and hit the "clear" button they just sort of add up. For example, if I go to my desktop and read/clean out my emails, unless I pull down and clear the notifications on my S3, they keep adding up rather than update the count along with my sync schedules. The email client works fine. I have two accounts (a corp exchange account and a gmail account). I ran them both through the stock S3 email client (combined inbox). The gmail account says use ONLY the gmail app so I deleted the gmail one from the stock email client and am now using the separate email clients. No love there either.

I have cleared data and caches in the downloads app and download manager and restarted and I even wiped out and re-installed both email accounts. I recently did a factory reset to get some battery life back and clear up some storage space and the device seems to work great. Wondering if I am missing something or if this is the way it's supposed to be?

non-rooted - Verizon SCH-1505 - running 4.3

Any help appreciated.
--Steve

Last edited:

RCBing

Mar 6, 2014
Visit site
Gmail app updates status bar making read emails no longer "new" in the status bar. The corporate accounts.. no updates to the status bar regardless of read or delete status. Thanks in advance!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaeros85