Verizon Galaxy S3: Google contact notes field incomplete

LukeDouglas

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
When I view or want to edit my contact notes, the full notes field is not displayed. Is there a way that 'all' of the note field is displayed and editable with the Gmail App or is there another app that allows this?

Last edited by a moderator:

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
How big are your notes? I just opened the Contacts app and edited the one contact that I have that has a decent amount of information in the note and it was all shown.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I'm guessing that the Contacts app wasn't intended to keep track of that amount of information. Perhaps you could try a 3rd party app and see if you find something that better suits your needs. Something like Keep: http://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.keep might be a better choice, although it's obviously not integrated with the Contacts app.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro

LukeDouglas

Mar 11, 2014
Visit site
I've tried a few other apps but nothing come close to the usability of having it integrated into my contacts. What I am doing now is, for those that all notes do not appear, to setup a second contact with "[NOTES]" in the username and with no other contact information. It's not perfect but it works.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps you'd be better off putting a link to a Google Drive document in the Notes field? You could have a unique document for each contact, and that content could be updated anywhere (on your phone; via the browser on your computer; etc).