Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Galaxy S3: Google contact notes field incomplete

When I view or want to edit my contact notes, the full notes field is not displayed. Is there a way that 'all' of the note field is displayed and editable with the Gmail App or is there another app that allows this?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 03-11-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy S3: Google contact notes field incomplete

How big are your notes? I just opened the Contacts app and edited the one contact that I have that has a decent amount of information in the note and it was all shown.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

GSDer,

It is a note with 17,000 characters (actually 16,999). It's a big note but every piece of information in it is critical to my needs.

I'm guessing that the Contacts app wasn't intended to keep track of that amount of information. Perhaps you could try a 3rd party app and see if you find something that better suits your needs. Something like Keep: http://market.android.com/details?id...e.android.keep might be a better choice, although it's obviously not integrated with the Contacts app.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk Pro
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I've tried a few other apps but nothing come close to the usability of having it integrated into my contacts. What I am doing now is, for those that all notes do not appear, to setup a second contact with "[NOTES]" in the username and with no other contact information. It's not perfect but it works.

Perhaps you'd be better off putting a link to a Google Drive document in the Notes field? You could have a unique document for each contact, and that content could be updated anywhere (on your phone; via the browser on your computer; etc).

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

GSDer,

That is a thought. I'll have to try it out. Thanks.