Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar gone from google account sync

Okay, this is odd. When I've gone into the settings for my google account on my phone in the past, "sync calendar" has been one of the sync choices. Well, now it isn't there at all, and my phone calendar shows no events, while my online google calendar shows lots of them. I'm using the Samsung calendar, and have been since day 0 *smile*.

Here's what I've already done:

1. Gone to my calendar app, and used the "Sync" from the soft menu key there. It says that it's syncing, but nothing happens, no error, no events appear.

2. Went to Calendar and Calendar storage apps in the Application manager and removed all data and cleared caches there. No change.

3. Froze the Samsung calendar and downloaded Google Calendar and ran it. No change, so went back to Samsung calendar (uninstalled Google calendar and defrosted Samsung calendar).

4. Removed my google account and re-added it in hopes that it would add the Calendar sync entry. No change.

Any other ideas? I'm clean out of new things to try to get my calendar syncing back. For some reason my calendar has gotten disconnected from my online google calendar, this hasn't happened before.

Thanks.

Edit: I was using the "hot reboot" thing to save time instead of a full reboot. It may be that if I had done a full reboot, my google account would have recovered a sense of itself and figured out how to sync more stuff *smile*. Next time.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Calendar gone from google account sync

Okay, finally gave it up and rolled back from CleanROM 8.1 to CleanROM 8. Maybe I'll try rolling forward again some time, but prefer to have calendar syncing working. Probably because I did a dirty flash forward from 8 to 8.1 after cleaning the cache and dalvik cache, but that was supposed to work *smile*.

Oh well, CleanROM 8 is just fine for me, so I'll stay with that and enjoy having a calendar with events on it *smile*.