Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Exchange email question

My dad has a GS3 for work and they use the default email client for exchange email. The problem comes from the wizards of smart in IT. They decided that every ones phone needs to be lock at all times just in case you might leave it somewhere and horrors of horrors they might get into email.(trust me, no one would care about what they find) So the solution the IT drones came up with is a password lock, not just a normal lock, but the usual specific number of letters, a cap, a number, etc. Problem is its making the phones a major pia to use. It's pretty much impossible for anyone driving to make a call or return a call because of the lockout. Is there anyway to setup the email client so that you have to enter a password everytime? I realize push notifications won't work, but that's not a problem.

Please don't turn this into a security discussion or the merits of making a phone call while driving. I under stand all the arguments for both. If we can lock down just the email it would help a lot.

Thanks

And my apologies to IT people with brains and intelligence, there are far to few of you....
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Exchange email question

I think I found an answer. We might try an app lock app and see if that works.

Imho you're screwed. My fiancee added her work email to her phone and it automatically added the pin lock and there is no way around that. I imagine if your dad's IT ppl added a more cumbersome password, it would make it even more difficult to work around....

Posted via Android Central App
    the panda has spoken

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SteveB2 View Post
    t's pretty much impossible for anyone driving to make a call or return a call because of the lockout
    You should not be talking on a phone and driving in the first place IMHO,
    The problem comes from the wizards of smart in IT.
    it does not come from IT but the higher ups in the company, and if it is a company phone then they have the right to do as they wish
    trust me, no one would care about what they find)
    really? you will be surprise.
    LG-isai