Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to change default dialer on S3?

I'm not crazy about the stock dialer so installed DialerOne. Only problem is I can't get the phone to recognize and use it. I've seen previous suggestions to go to apps and remove defaults from the dialer app but the only app there is the Phone one (the icon is the standard green square) and there are no defaults set. Is there a way to change it like I used to be able to on my HTC? Or has Samsung built in the dialer so deep you can't replace it? Thanks for the assist.

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 2.5

Default Re: How to change default dialer on S3?

In app manager make sure you are under the "All" tab and find the phone app. Also make sure you have the Dialer one app on the dock. If you still click the Phone icon it will take you to samsung's phone app.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks for the info, replacing the icon is what I suspected I would need to do. I'm not clear on the first part; when I go to the all tab and find the phone app, it does not have any defaults listed. So, if I replace the Phone icon with the DialerOne icon, I can see how that would bring up the new app for me to place calls. But, how do I tell it when a call comes in to use that app instead of the Phone app?

Unhappy Re: How to change default dialer on S3?

I'm struggling with exactly the same issue. I've cleared all defaults everywhere but still the old phone app picks it all up. I've tried to get 2GIS dialler and Dailer One to work on a Sony Xperia Go and a Samsung Galaxy S4 but the stock dialler consistently takes over at the point of ringing someone or receiving calls.

Is there something fundamental that I'm missing?

Cheers

The description in play store doesn't say anything about dialer one answering calls.

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE