Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Calendar apps that sync directly to my google calendar?

Since I keep the two tons of google service apps (google services framework, google play services, and google play store) on my phone frozen, I need a calendar app that syncs directly with my google calendar without using through the "google calendar sync" in my phone. I've found Calengoo that does this, but I'm wondering if there are any free calendar apps that people are aware of that do this. Boomerang gmail does this, syncs directly with gmail, so I already have gmail set up to work without the google service junk. But unfortunately I haven't been able to find a Boomerang calendar app for my phone *smile*.

The reason that I ask is that even though I wake up all the google service stuff occasionally to get app updates, like once a week, and sync my calendar at that time, it seems to lose events over a short time, so I end up with a blank calendar. And even so, when I use Wakelock detector, I find that Calendar Storage is the most frequent wakelock/wakeup that I have left. So that last google piece needs to be replaced as well, I guess.

Thanks.

Default Re: Calendar apps that sync directly to my google calendar?

This doesn't seem Verizon specific - it would be better suited for the main forum one level up.

I don't think you're going to get an answer here though; seems like you need the input of the developer types over on XDA.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    This doesn't seem Verizon specific - it would be better suited for the main forum one level up.

I don't think you're going to get an answer here though; seems like you need the input of the developer types over on XDA.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanks, just bought the CalenGoo app, it works just fine for me. Nice to be able to leave all that Google services stuff frozen and see the associated wakelocks and alarms just go away. At this point my phone's doing pretty well. It does all that I need it to do, and it's quick with low battery usage. I'm always looking ways to improve it, but it can stay this way for some time *smile*. About time to freeze Wakelock Detector again, and just see how things go.

Thanks.
    Thanked by:

ROM
    Stock rooted

I've had Calengoo on my phone(s) for several years and have always been happy with it. I hope it works out for you.
    You know, I've never met anyone like you before. Usually when I meet someone new I feel awkward and shy. But with you it's different.