- 2 Posts
Hope I picked the right forum for this. Verizon Galaxy Stratosphere phone: Screen goes black during call and won't come back when away from my face. The only way to return the phone screen is to open the keyboard slide and close it. I don't use the keyboard slide either.
Any tricks to cure this?
- 03-31-2014, 11:32 AM #2
- 6,324 Posts
Re: Phone screen
Well, if the Stratosphere is anything like the S3, there's a proximity sensor that turns the screen off when you bring the phone to your face and which is supposed to turn the screen on again when you move it away.
It's possible that your screen protector or case is interfering with the correct operation of the sensor.
If you want to turn it off (again assuming that your phone is anything like the S3) open the Phone app, press the Menu button, select 'Call settings', then uncheck 'Turn off screen during calls'.
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By SlumberRina in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 13Last Post: 12-25-2015, 11:31 PM
- By Jason Tai in forum HTC One M8Replies: 24Last Post: 05-07-2015, 04:01 AM
- By LightningRevolver in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 5Last Post: 04-01-2014, 05:49 PM
- By evilempire in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2014, 11:18 PM
- By cootiesboy in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2Replies: 1Last Post: 03-30-2014, 11:03 PM