Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Phone screen

Hope I picked the right forum for this. Verizon Galaxy Stratosphere phone: Screen goes black during call and won't come back when away from my face. The only way to return the phone screen is to open the keyboard slide and close it. I don't use the keyboard slide either.
    Any tricks to cure this?

Thanks, Dennis

Default Re: Phone screen

Well, if the Stratosphere is anything like the S3, there's a proximity sensor that turns the screen off when you bring the phone to your face and which is supposed to turn the screen on again when you move it away.

It's possible that your screen protector or case is interfering with the correct operation of the sensor.

If you want to turn it off (again assuming that your phone is anything like the S3) open the Phone app, press the Menu button, select 'Call settings', then uncheck 'Turn off screen during calls'.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Phone screen

Thanks for your correct reply. It was the phone cover. I recently resecured the front cover using double-sided sticky tape. This made the phone a little thicker, but I tolerated it. The phone has had this issue since.

Again, thanks for the correct reply.