Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SD Card Unmounted Itself...But It's Still in the Slot

I have never had this problem before. I thought something was wrong when my music player was having issues today. I looked at the Storage settings and it said that the SD card was unmounted. I took the back of my phone off and the SD card was still inserted, untouched, not even loose or anything. Since then, I have turned my phone off and on multiple times and have taken the SD card out and put it back in twice. It is the Micro SD card. PLEASE SOMEONE HELP!!!! I do not upgrade until December so I am hoping to get this resolved so I do not have to go in earlier than necessary.

Global Posts
    19,899 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: SD Card Unmounted Itself...But It's Still in the Slot

Welcome to the forums.
    There may be a problem with the card. Use this guide to check: [GUIDE] Using chkdsk to fix a corrupted SD card

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Thanks!

I do not have the SD card adapter it refers to nor do I have a slot for the card on my laptop.

Global Posts
    188 Global Posts

This started happening with the original microSD card. Then I lost all my pictures and just removed it from the phone. Ran it with an older card and had no issues (this to rule out a bad slot, etc). Ended up purchasing a 64GB microSDXC card and it's been fine so far. The bad card is so slow I didn't bother submitting a warranty claim.

Same here, had to replace the card that the phone said was unmounted...the card was toast. Luckily I had everything that was on it backed up to my PC, so just copied it back to new SD card.