Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon S3: Smashed phone, can i do swap the housing?

Hey guys thanks in advance, first post right now so hopefully i can get some info on my situation.
    So as the title reads, my phone is trashed the lcd / screen/digitizer completely done.
    Any ways as i took apart my phone and looking at replacement screens and such i came across a nice black housing with everything except motherboard of course for roughly around the same price.
    My question is this: can i take my good motherboard from my phone with my clean ESN and put it into the the donor housing? Has anyone done this successfully ?
    There are some things missing on it that i can see while looking at my phone side by side.
    i'll post a pic a pic of the housing for sale and circle what im looking at.
    heres what it says on the post

THIS UNIT IS FOR SCREEN and DIGITIZER ONLY!

You must install ALL other components!! (Power button, speakers, charging system, etc)
    Verizon S3: Smashed phone, can i do swap the housing?-s3-example.jpg
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Verizon S3: Smashed phone, can i do swap the housing?

So apparently no one knows about this.. lol
    Anyways i guess i will just try it myself and post the end results

Welcome to the forums!

Sorry, my phone has been giving me fits since Friday so I haven't been able to respond.

What you have (a good mainboard + all components) should work just fine with this new 'housing' (screen assembly). Just attach the new screen assembly to the mainboard along with all of the components (camera, etc) and it should work.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Thanks for the reply!
    Yeah i kind of figured there would not be a problem with it but i seen a couple of posts saying that it would not work and i couldn't find a post of someone actually doing it (unless i searched the wrong keywords) and samsung wasn't about to give me any advice on it
    But they DID want to help open a ticket for me to send my phone in for their repair service of course!
    Hopefully this will help someone else out wondering the same thing