Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SG3 will not go past "Samsung Galaxy S3" logo in boot up. Verizon says its updating

Yesterday morning my phone turned on fine from an overnight charge. Checked some emails and such and then it froze in the lock screen. I pulled battery and restarted it. It froze again so I pulled the battery again. Now it won't get past "Samsung Galaxy S3" logo in boot up. Verizon says its updating and had me on the phone for over 2 hours last night. It won't connect to the computer and will not go past this screen no matter what I do. For a few hours it would not even turn on, it would just pulse once and then nothing. This morning however it turned on and once again will not go past "Samsung Galaxy S3" logo in boot up. Can this really be an update? Any help would be incredible.
    thanks
    Banned

Global Posts
    706 Global Posts

Default Re: SG3 will not go past "Samsung Galaxy S3" logo in boot up. Verizon says its updating

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
    Yesterday morning my phone turned on fine from an overnight charge. Checked some emails and such and then it froze in the lock screen. I pulled battery and restarted it. It froze again so I pulled the battery again. Now it won't get past "Samsung Galaxy S3" logo in boot up. Verizon says its updating and had me on the phone for over 2 hours last night. It won't connect to the computer and will not go past this screen no matter what I do. For a few hours it would not even turn on, it would just pulse once and then nothing. This morning however it turned on and once again will not go past "Samsung Galaxy S3" logo in boot up. Can this really be an update? Any help would be incredible.
    thanks
    Well, I am afraid but you need to reload your device firmware, go the the sammobile/firmware section and download the appropriate firmware according to the region you were at, once done get the latest odin version and flash the ROM via ODIN that should help you out. Before flashing make sure that you have backup your data !
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: SG3 will not go past "Samsung Galaxy S3" logo in boot up. Verizon says its updating

Thank you for that information. Unfortunately the phone will not even hook up to the computer. It won't get recognized.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy View Post
    Can this really be an update?
    They are smoking something.

Given everything that's transpired, you'll have to see if the phone will boot into Download mode. If you're not familiar with how to do that here's a summary:

- you use Recovery mode to clear the system cache and to Factory Reset
    - you use Download (aka Odin) mode (showing the Android guy) to load/reload firmware
    - the key sequences to enter both modes are very similar, and they are timing dependent so it may take a few tries to get it working
    -- Recovery = Volume Up + Home + Power
    -- Download = Volume Down + Home + Power
    - for either, you start with the phone completely off
    - press and hold the required keys simultaneously, and release them all when you see the swirling logo (not the static white text)

Try Recovery mode first (use the Volume rockers to navigate; use the Power button to select) and if it boots into this mode just clear the cache and then restart. If the phone doesn't boot normally then try Download mode.

If the phone boots into Download mode that's a step in the right direction. You'll also need to download a tool called Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07) and the firmware for the phone from here http://samsung-updates.com/details/2...35VRUCML1.html

You can look in any of the rooting sub-forums to find instructions on how to use Odin or come back here when you have everything.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Long story short, if you have a Samsung device which you can get to Download mode, you can just flash the stock firmware via Odin and get it back from the almost-dead.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

it worked i am so happy. thanks for the help