Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon Galaxy S3: Accidentally took the 4.3 update

So hey AC my aunt accidentally took the 4.3 update and her phone won't boot up, we tried different chargers and swapped battery with another s3 but no luck. Any ideas?

UPDATE: I tried booting up to recovery and no luck either. No led or any lights come on. No splash screen; nothing. Note that she updated and was able to use the phone for a day before it stopped working. Are we looking at a hard brick?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 04-13-2014 at 12:50 AM.

Default Re: Accidentally took the 4.3 update

Does anything happen when you connect a charger?
    What about if you take the battery out and then connect the charger (red LED briefly)?
    Have you tried booting into Download mode?

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Accidentally took the 4.3 update

Yup, download mode is a no go. I'll update you in the morning with the LED

Default Re: Verizon Galaxy S3: Accidentally took the 4.3 update

Well, if it won't boot into Download mode then you'd better do a Google search for 'debrick Verizon s3' and see if you can find an image and instructions. Otherwise it's time for a JTAG service (ex. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Well, if it won't boot into Download mode then you'd better do a Google search for 'debrick Verizon s3' and see if you can find an image and instructions. Otherwise it's time for a JTAG service (ex. http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...-brick-repair/).

I'll look it up now and the led didn't light up

Quote Originally Posted by KTKareen View Post
    the led didn't light up
    Uh, that's pretty bad. It certainly can't hurt to spend the time to build an SD card with a debrick image, but I don't hold out much hope for it.

JTAG is fairly inexpensive, but depending on your needs for a phone you might be better off purchasing a Moto X (or Moto G if you can do without 4G/LTE) off contract and be done with it. Sorry.