Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Text messages dont match?

Sent my fiance a text. He replied asking why I was talking about his deceased grandmother. I told him I didnt know what he was talking about and sent him a screenshot of our convo. He then sent me a screenshot of our convo and the first half of the text I sent was gone and replaced with a text I sent him 6 months earlier about his gramdmother. I have since changed phones and do not have any messages from this far back saved anywhere. How is this possible? Even now when I look at this message on my phone it looks exactly how I sent it but he got something totally different.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Text messages dont match?

Text messages dont match?-2014-04-16-18.45.06.png

My message sent to him is on top....the message he got is in bottom.

Guessing it's some hiccup on the servers. At least it's old texts you've sent before. I've had a few times where a text was split like that, but the wrong half was from someone else's text.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I was just so confused seeing as we both dont have that message on our phones from that far back and I've changed devices completely since then.

The carriers keep your prior texts on their servers, similar to having your call records. Not sure how long they are kept, though.