- 2 Posts
lock button issues
back in February my lock screen became very touchy, as in whenever my finger went near it the shut down/restart pop up would appear even thought I hadnt pressed the lock button down. I had that issue for about three weeks but then I took out my battery and the lock button worked normally again. that same issue started happening again a couple weeks ago, but now it has also escalated to where sometimes if I even touch the back of the phone on the area near the lock screen the pop up will show. its a huge inconvenience and I was wondering if there was any way I could fix it myself, if I need a new phone, or if I could take it in and get it fixed and if that would cost anything..if you have a solution please let me know!
Posted via Android Central App
- 04-23-2014, 11:38 AM #2
- 6,299 Posts
Re: lock button issues
It sounds like the actual Power switch on the mainboard is starting to fail. If you're handy with a soldering iron then you could probably replace it yourself for a couple of dollars. Or you could see if there's a local place where you can get it done or try something like http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...button-repair/
Edit: and welcome to the forums!
Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
- By sanxdaddy in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 48Last Post: 12-29-2014, 12:18 AM
- By gmonkey in forum HTC One M8 AccessoriesReplies: 6Last Post: 04-25-2014, 07:12 PM
- By prit876 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 1Last Post: 04-22-2014, 10:53 PM
- By AlexShterev in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 0Last Post: 04-22-2014, 01:42 PM
- By wolfhead in forum General Help and How ToReplies: 1Last Post: 04-22-2014, 12:52 PM