Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GSDer
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lock button issues

back in February my lock screen became very touchy, as in whenever my finger went near it the shut down/restart pop up would appear even thought I hadnt pressed the lock button down. I had that issue for about three weeks but then I took out my battery and the lock button worked normally again. that same issue started happening again a couple weeks ago, but now it has also escalated to where sometimes if I even touch the back of the phone on the area near the lock screen the pop up will show. its a huge inconvenience and I was wondering if there was any way I could fix it myself, if I need a new phone, or if I could take it in and get it fixed and if that would cost anything..if you have a solution please let me know!

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: lock button issues

It sounds like the actual Power switch on the mainboard is starting to fail. If you're handy with a soldering iron then you could probably replace it yourself for a couple of dollars. Or you could see if there's a local place where you can get it done or try something like http://mobiletechvideos.mybigcommerc...button-repair/

Edit: and welcome to the forums!

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:
    duffkeekz likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: lock button issues

thanks! I'll see which works best

Posted via Android Central App