Can't undo setting that switches between wifi and network

rj5k

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I recently changed a setting on my Galaxy 3 that (as I understood it) would switch from wifi to 3g/4g if the wifi signal became too weak or unstable.

I was prompted to change the setting while using an iffy wifi network. Thinking it sounded beneficial, I changed the setting but now I can't find any way to undo it.

This new setting, I suppose operates as advertised but the unintended effect is that if I am using an app or game that requires a constant connection, the switch will crash the app.

Thanks for the help!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to the forums!

You can try this - go to Settings -> More (if using the Tab view) -> Application manager -> press the Menu button -> select 'Reset app preferences'.

Edit: or if I misunderstood and you're just referring to the setting that switches to mobile data when Wi-Fi is unstable, go to Settings -> Connections (if using the Tab view) -> Wi-Fi -> press the Menu button -> select Advanced -> uncheck 'Auto network switch' (note that mobile data must be turned on in order to access this setting).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk