Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jmz768
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    59 Global Posts

Default Verizon update today

Has anyone else checked for a Verizon update? I tried today and was surprised to see there was one. It's not 4.4 or anything major like that but it is something. Check it out, am I the only one?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Verizon update today

Canada roaming app

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    277 Global Posts

It's been out a couple days.
    Thanked by:
    Rick Bell likes this.

We got that and now the phone runs so sluggish, it's making the 4.3 update look good.

Verizon, where every phone update is better than the next.

My wife claims her battery is draining like crazy after the update. I have heard stories of this with other phones after other updates so I am hoping its an isolated incident and at worst she will need a factory data reset.

Quote Originally Posted by scipper77 View Post
    My wife claims her battery is draining like crazy after the update. I have heard stories of this with other phones after other updates so I am hoping its an isolated incident and at worst she will need a factory data reset.
    I forgot about that too. My fiance has a pair of extended batteries with an external charger. Used to be the one on the charger would be full by the time the one in the phone was dead, but not since the update. Gonna try a cache wipe and see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I forgot about that too. My fiance has a pair of extended batteries with an external charger. Used to be the one on the charger would be full by the time the one in the phone was dead, but not since the update. Gonna try a cache wipe and see what happens.
    In theory it should be as simple as looking at the battery use in the settings to see what has been using up the battery. Somehow I doubt it will be that simple.

If it matters my wife has to have her phone encrypted for her work. Also she uses vpn. Maybe there is some attempted data mining going on and the fact that she has everything locked down and encrypted makes the process repeatedly run because it can't get what it wants ( Joking, every one loves a good conspiracy theory though, right!)