Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Clearing Google search widget history

I'm sure this has been asked before, but so far my searches have come up empty handed. Does anyone know how to clear the previous 3 searches in the google search widget that drop down automatically? I see that if I long press on them I can delete one at a time, but the list just goes on forever. I've tried clearing browsing history on my mobile and desktop, clearing the google search cache and data in the app manager, but they are still there.

It's hard to believe there no one has found a way to do this yet. Somebody must know, Thanks!

Default Re: Clearing Google search widget history

Quote Originally Posted by tomar264 View Post
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but so far my searches have come up empty handed. Does anyone know how to clear the previous 3 searches in the google search widget that drop down automatically? I see that if I long press on them I can delete one at a time, but the list just goes on forever. I've tried clearing browsing history on my mobile and desktop, clearing the google search cache and data in the app manager, but they are still there.

It's hard to believe there no one has found a way to do this yet. Somebody must know, Thanks!

Have you tried, in the widget, Settings>Accounts & privacy>Web History>Off ?

Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted S3

Default Re: Clearing Google search widget history

Open Google Now (like tap in the search box), Menu button, Settings, Accounts and Privacy, theres on/off switches for history, delete items, etc. You can also go to the last item (search engine storage) at the bottom, and scroll down and choose "Clear now".