gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Cancelled for the 1GB RAM non-US version. We will see it...someday!

(I'd guess mid to late June, but that's all that is: a guess)

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Well, hoping that now that Verizon has begun to update the Note 3 that we may be next. I'm still expecting a multi-week wait, however. My money is on late June. And then I'll never have to worry about this again for the S3, because I think this is the end of the line for it!

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
any way for me to remove kitkat and go back to jelly bean? i have a note 3.
You can look here for the previous firmware - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left corner and be sure to get the 4.3 version.

You'll also need to download a tool called Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07; use one of the sources from XDA). You can find instructions on how to use Odin in any of the rooting sub-forums.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Im confused
What update would be annoying me right now and how do know if its ok to allow?

There's an update that is supposedly to update roaming on a new network in Canada. My fiance took it and immediately the phone became more laggy than it was (Swype is basically useless now) and battery life went in the tank.

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. I took it and battery life is still ok. But the lagginess is awful. Camera takes 20 seconds to load, Swype frequently doesn't register the first "keystroke". Was just talking to a co-worker who mans our IT helpdesk. He says Samsung reps he's talked to are still not convinced Verizon will roll out KitKat to the S3 due to performance issues. I wonder if this otherwise oddball roaming update might not have been a field test of something related to performance to see how the phones would react in the wild to KK.

MrDoh

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
It's coming...remember that both Samsung and Verizon have to add their bloat to KitKat before we see it. That takes time to do, and more time to get all that bloat working at once.

So hang in their, I firmly believe that it's just a matter of months for KitKat to be bloated enough for us customers.

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
They also have to break something major in the process, to force you to Factory Reset. Looks like WiFi is this update's break-of-choice.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site

I know that some of you are anxious about when we're going to get the KitKat update for the S3. I figure that Verizon will get it out when they deem that it's ready to roll out for us. I used to have a Motorola Droid Bionic before I got the S3 and it took longer for the updates to come for that phone than what it has been for the S3. Right now, I'm making the best of what I have now and patiently waiting for the KitKat update to come to us (whenever that is). Personally, I'm hoping for sometime next week because I'm on vacation from work then and I'd have plenty of time to play with it and get it the way that I want it.