Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I used to have a Motorola Droid Bionic before I got the S3 and it took longer for the updates to come for that phone than what it has been for the S3.

I'm still on my Bionic and you're right. Good as the phone is, it was the red headed stepchild of Verizon.

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on my Bionic and you're right. Good as the phone is, it was the red headed stepchild of Verizon.

I know what you mean about the Bionic being the red headed stepchild of Verizon. Don't know why because it was a good phone for me. I basically had to depend on different forums to get the updates and the incremental beta builds. When I had a chance to upgrade to the S3, I jumped at it because from what I read from the reviews, it sounded like it would be a good solid phone for me. I can honestly say that the only problem I have had with this phone is that the charging port is starting to loosen up on me making it sometimes difficult to get the phone to hold a charge. I called Verizon about it and they are sending me a warranty replacement phone. . I should receive it tomorrow.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Oh boy. Here we go again. Another 7 page thread about, "When will we get the update?"
Ho, hum.

AC App on SGS3

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this will be one of those breathless, ranting threads. I'm interested in getting KitKat, mainly to see the NFC functions and Google Wallet in action. But I'm not sitting here hitting F5 every 30 seconds to see if someone has spotted a leak in Kuala Lampur that might signify an impending release. However, I do post here when I see something that suggests we may be getting closer. The Note 2 rollout from Verizon yesterday was such an event in my estimation (though SamuriHL tells me he thinks that's irrelevant, just to present the other side of the argument!).

Bottom line: I'm getting a full night's sleep every night!

jpriest007

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this will be one of those breathless, ranting threads. I'm interested in getting KitKat, mainly to see the NFC functions and Google Wallet in action. But I'm not sitting here hitting F5 every 30 seconds to see if someone has spotted a leak in Kuala Lampur that might signify an impending release. However, I do post here when I see something that suggests we may be getting closer. The Note 2 rollout from Verizon yesterday was such an event in my estimation (though SamuriHL tells me he thinks that's irrelevant, just to present the other side of the argument!).

Bottom line: I'm getting a full night's sleep every night!

Most of us who have the Note 2 just got the 4.4 update. So I betting you'll see it sometime by the end of the month. 4.4 did bring us nfc payment for Google wallet.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 2 via Android Central App

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Remember, folks, you will likely need to do a Factory Reset after installing this, or your WiFi will not work correctly. You've been warned!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
asha_kanta_sharma