Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    23 Global Posts

Default KitKat.

Ive heard rumors that its been cancelled? Will we ever see it on Verizon anyways?

Default Re: KitKat.

Cancelled for the 1GB RAM non-US version. We will see it...someday!

(I'd guess mid to late June, but that's all that is: a guess)

Well, hoping that now that Verizon has begun to update the Note 3 that we may be next. I'm still expecting a multi-week wait, however. My money is on late June. And then I'll never have to worry about this again for the S3, because I think this is the end of the line for it!
    barthawk likes this.

More good news: VZW is updating the various Droid phones beginning very soon. That likely means we're next or close to it.

Shall we start taking bets on what they screw up this time? :rolleyes:

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    Shall we start taking bets on what they screw up this time? :rolleyes:
    Will not take that bet!
    Thanked by:

Im confused
    What update would be annoying me right now and how do know if its ok to allow?

any way for me to remove kitkat and go back to jelly bean? i have a note 3.

please a easy way, step by step, noobie here :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rina Gomez View Post
    any way for me to remove kitkat and go back to jelly bean? i have a note 3.
    You can look here for the previous firmware - select your device in the drop-down list in the upper left corner and be sure to get the 4.3 version.

You'll also need to download a tool called Odin (just Google it - look for v3.07; use one of the sources from XDA). You can find instructions on how to use Odin in any of the rooting sub-forums.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by skervinsmom View Post
    Im confused
    What update would be annoying me right now and how do know if its ok to allow?
    There's an update that is supposedly to update roaming on a new network in Canada. My fiance took it and immediately the phone became more laggy than it was (Swype is basically useless now) and battery life went in the tank.

That's interesting. I took it and battery life is still ok. But the lagginess is awful. Camera takes 20 seconds to load, Swype frequently doesn't register the first "keystroke". Was just talking to a co-worker who mans our IT helpdesk. He says Samsung reps he's talked to are still not convinced Verizon will roll out KitKat to the S3 due to performance issues. I wonder if this otherwise oddball roaming update might not have been a field test of something related to performance to see how the phones would react in the wild to KK.
    Elcycle17 likes this.

Guy over on Google+ claims he just got KitKat as part of a soak test for AT&T. If so, that's very encouraging for us.

Looks like USCellular S3 users are getting KitKat rolled out. Another good sign!

It's coming...remember that both Samsung and Verizon have to add their bloat to KitKat before we see it. That takes time to do, and more time to get all that bloat working at once.

So hang in their, I firmly believe that it's just a matter of months for KitKat to be bloated enough for us customers.

Global Posts
    542 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted S3

They also have to break something major in the process, to force you to Factory Reset. Looks like WiFi is this update's break-of-choice.

So...4.4.3 is rolling out to Nexus devices today and us GS3 users are still stuck on 4.3

Yep. For now anyway.

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE

I was just about to ask about KitKat. I was starting to lose hope.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

Quote Originally Posted by gwhizkids View Post
    I know that some of you are anxious about when we're going to get the KitKat update for the S3. I figure that Verizon will get it out when they deem that it's ready to roll out for us. I used to have a Motorola Droid Bionic before I got the S3 and it took longer for the updates to come for that phone than what it has been for the S3. Right now, I'm making the best of what I have now and patiently waiting for the KitKat update to come to us (whenever that is). Personally, I'm hoping for sometime next week because I'm on vacation from work then and I'd have plenty of time to play with it and get it the way that I want it.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindylike24 View Post
    I used to have a Motorola Droid Bionic before I got the S3 and it took longer for the updates to come for that phone than what it has been for the S3.
    I'm still on my Bionic and you're right. Good as the phone is, it was the red headed stepchild of Verizon.

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncatt View Post
    I'm still on my Bionic and you're right. Good as the phone is, it was the red headed stepchild of Verizon.
    I know what you mean about the Bionic being the red headed stepchild of Verizon. Don't know why because it was a good phone for me. I basically had to depend on different forums to get the updates and the incremental beta builds. When I had a chance to upgrade to the S3, I jumped at it because from what I read from the reviews, it sounded like it would be a good solid phone for me. I can honestly say that the only problem I have had with this phone is that the charging port is starting to loosen up on me making it sometimes difficult to get the phone to hold a charge. I called Verizon about it and they are sending me a warranty replacement phone. . I should receive it tomorrow.

Cindy

Oh boy. Here we go again. Another 7 page thread about, "When will we get the update?"
    Ho, hum.

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    704 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

Quote Originally Posted by AxlMyk View Post
    Oh boy. Here we go again. Another 7 page thread about, "When will we get the update?"
    Ho, hum.

AC App on SGS3
    I've said my peace on this. . I just hope this one doesn't get as bad as the last one.

Cindy

I don't think this will be one of those breathless, ranting threads. I'm interested in getting KitKat, mainly to see the NFC functions and Google Wallet in action. But I'm not sitting here hitting F5 every 30 seconds to see if someone has spotted a leak in Kuala Lampur that might signify an impending release. However, I do post here when I see something that suggests we may be getting closer. The Note 2 rollout from Verizon yesterday was such an event in my estimation (though SamuriHL tells me he thinks that's irrelevant, just to present the other side of the argument!).

Bottom line: I'm getting a full night's sleep every night!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast