Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gozirra
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Verizon XLTE

Just saw a commercial and read this article.... http://forums.androidcentral.com/ext...less-xlte.html

It's in my city and my speeds have gone up 5meg on both download and upload, but the article makes it sound like only S4's and above are XLTE ready. Has anybody heard anything, or know more on the subject? Yes, I know it sounds like my phone is getting it, but I only got the higher speeds beginning today and was wondering, maybe it's just an anomaly.

Global Posts
    8,600 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

Default Re: Verizon XLTE

These Android devices take advantage of Verizon XLTE | Android Central

You're right, the S3 is not on the list and doesn't seem to have the hardware to support it.

¯\_()_/¯ Community Rules & Guidelines

Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Pro, Attentive & Helpful

Life is very short, and there's no time - for fussing and fighting, my friend.

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Rooted S3

But on the bright side, all the "I get a new phone every 3 months because I'm rich" people will move off the "regular" LTE to the new one, so the old one we're on WILL get faster as a result.
    dawghowse likes this.

One of the reasons XLTE is being touted is that it will definitely boost speeds for the hardware that supports it, but (and more importantly for S3 users), it will also free up bandwidth in the traditional LTE spectrum. So that may be why you are seeing better speeds: as XLTE devices move to other spectrum, LTE is less congested and faster for us.

My S3's LTE drops out constantly since last week when they made XLTE hot. It is not in all areas though, it is especially bad where I work. At least two other people in my office with older LTE phones are having the same issue. My guess is the tower can't handle the boosted band 4 signal, and the band 13 one is suffering?

They could be in the process of upgrading the tower near your office. Call Verizon and explain that you are having signal drops

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
    Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3