- 1 Posts
Unlocking while out of network
I'm traveling in South America with my S3 and have purchased a local SIM card that I want to use. All of the methods of unlocking my phone that I have found require entering a code into the dialer and supposedly a menu should appear.
My issue is that because I am already out of network, I cannot do this step. My phone shows no network connection so I am wondering if it is possible at all to do this.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm not sure what other information is necessary to solve this issue.
- 06-13-2014, 10:39 PM #2
- 06-16-2014, 04:50 PM #3
- 317 Posts
Re: Unlocking while out of network
I'm not sure what model phone you have...SCH-i535 here. From everything I've read about the Galaxy S3, at least the model that I have, you can just put in a new SIM card and enter the new APN information for it, and it should just work. You may only get 3G data, but that's okay, it's still fast enough. The APN data goes into "More settings..." -> "Mobile Networks" -> "Access Point Names". If you don't enter the new APN data for the SIM card, your new SIM card will not work.
I plan to do this for an upcoming trip myself, so did a bunch of research about it.
- By MamaBear2014 in forum Samsung Galaxy S5Replies: 12Last Post: 06-26-2014, 01:18 PM
- By Thunderbird005 in forum HTC One M7Replies: 22Last Post: 06-25-2014, 10:31 AM
- By donnieco in forum Droid RAZR HDReplies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2014, 06:01 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:30 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-13-2014, 05:27 PM