The Bluetooth on my GS3 loses it's connection with my car.

DTClose

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
Anyone know why my GS3 loses it's Bluetooth connection with my car? I drive a 2014 Subaru Forester. For the past several months, the Bluetooth audio randomly stops playing the loaded music. This has happened with phone conversations also. Sometimes connection is randomly re-established and music resumes, sometimes I have to re-start the music, other times I have to stop the Bluetooth and re-start it again. I have already purged the phone from the Subaru memory and re-paired with the GS3, but that hasn't worked. Needless to say, this is frustrating... particularly on long car trips :mad:.

Any thoughts, ideas, help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

crabbz

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I used to have this problem on my subaru wrx. To fix it I had to repair the phone to the car and deny the car access to messages (sms/text) on the phone. After pairing you should get a dialog on the phone requesting permission to access messages, this is where you hit deny. There appears to be some problem in android with the bluetooth text message profile causing the disconnects. I've had no problems with bluetooth since doing this. This means the car won't have access to text messages but it beats disconnecting all the time.

DTClose

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
When and if your phone gets the update, yes try that and see if it's better. I think I read that GS3s were getting kitkat very soon.

My phone prompted me last night that new software update is ready to be installed. Unfortunately it's 4.4.2 (KitKat) :( Is there not a way to skip .2 and go straight to .3?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there not a way to skip .2 and go straight to .3?
4.4.2 is what's been released by Verizon; you can wait and see if they come out with a 4.4.x update, or you could investigate whether there's a 3rd party ROM available that has whatever feature it is that you're looking for.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12