KitKat is Here for the Verizon Galaxy S3

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
I just got the update notification for KitKat on Verizon's Galaxy S III! Check out your update option in the About Phone section of Settings.

Posted from my Verizon Galaxy S III via Android Central App... And Don't Eat Yellow Snow!

Jowlah

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Same here..waiting on others to download and give feedback first.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

That is exactly what I am doing. I need a little more feedback myself.

Posted from my Verizon Galaxy S III via Android Central App... And Don't Eat Yellow Snow!

slimshady132

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
I downloaded it and have been running it for about 2 hours. It is actually really good. My phone feels a lot faster and my battery has been lasting a lot longer! This is a great update!

lkovach

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I just got it too and so far so good. I don't like the white icons in the notification bar though. That's my only complaint right now

mcgowane79

May 31, 2011
Visit site
According the vzw software update documents it says "S Suggest, S Bookmark 1x1 and Samsung Music 4x1
widget have been removed" Well I still have S Suggest and Samsung Music 4x1 widgets. Other than that it seems fine as of now.

xboxbml

May 31, 2014
Visit site
I just loaded it and got my S3 work phone all put back together. I wiped it first just to do it. I also tried to update it from Kies 3 first but it wouldn't do it, which was weird. I did the OTA after a wipe and partial setup. Then I tried to do an update in Kies 3 again, but Kies 3 was stating the connected device does not support initialisation or something like that. I didn't have that issue at all with 4.3....not sure why I can't do it with Kies 3.. Runs good so far. No issues at all really. Encrypting now. Sure would like some feedback about the Kies 3 thing...

SlappyMcgee

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
Anyone experiencing issues with WIFI not turning on? I have a buddy with an SGS3 on Verizon (I have ATT) he said his WIFI will not turn on. when trying to turn on it seems to lock up the phone, then wifi turns off again.

xboxbml

May 31, 2014
Visit site
Anyone experiencing issues with WIFI not turning on? I have a buddy with an SGS3 on Verizon (I have ATT) he said his WIFI will not turn on. when trying to turn on it seems to lock up the phone, then wifi turns off again.

Mine is working fine. ...

Posted via Android Central App

gwhizkids

Aug 1, 2012
Visit site
Mine is working fine, but I have some annoyances:
  • I was expecting the new dialer app. Instead, I got the same crappy old one. I was able to find the new dialer app apk, but it doesn't work
  • I installed Google Camera (one of my principal reasons for looking forward to KitKat). The lens blur feature does not work. Tried on my son's Moto X and it works perfectly.
I'm wondering if we got the cut rate version. If Google Wallet's Tap to Pay doesn't work, I am really going to be pissed.

Prent Rodgers

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a new message on the status bar: "network may be monitored by an unknown third party". This is a "feature" of KitKat documented by Google. It's due to some Euro-roaming thing. Swipe it away and it will return on reboot. Fix is planned for whenever.

ColbyJvonBrown

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site

You were supposed to do a factory reset after installation!!

Posted via Android Central App

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site

I mentioned this in the other KitKat thread, and was told that I was "wrong", but it happened to me as well. Had to do a Factory Reset, just as I said yesterday.

Davidoo

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
Why would they design this to have to do a factory reset? Doesn't make sense. I have work programs on my phone such as Touchdown for company emails and Remote Access software so I can't just do a reset just because Verizon pushes out an update. If I do that I have to get with my IT people for new access codes to reinstall these apps. The announcement doesn't say anything about having to do a reset. Guess I will be postponing this update then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad