Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Samsung Galaxy S3 Kit Kat = Reduced Reception, No Service

I was able to download and install Kit Kat on my S3 on Friday afternoon and immediately began noticing deteriorated reception on my phone while a friend's S3 that had not been updated did not exhibit this problem.

The biggest issue seems to be the S3's inability to gracefully transfer from one cell site to another. I frequently see a complete loss of data service for 5-10 minutes and often also note extended periods where there is no voice network reception either -- things unheard of before. If the phone does lose reception completely, it is very sluggish about re-establishing a connection.

Did a complete factory reset with no results. I wonder if others are observing this.

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Kit Kat = Reduced Reception, No Service

I saw once that my phone had no reception. I attributed it to transfer from WiFi to cell (Similar to the problem a year or so ago after one update).

I went toggled airplane mode and it connected. Keeping an eye on it to see if it happens again.

Global Posts
    31 Global Posts

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S3 Kit Kat = Reduced Reception, No Service

Ive been having a lot of reception issues since the update. I will reboot and it takes a long time to even find service. Once it finds 4g.....it will be ok for a few minutes and then it will switch to 3g. Dial up seemed faster than this!!!