Kit Kat 4.4 random reboots

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Installed 4.4 this morning and have been rebooting every few minutes ever since. I've tried factory resets from phone menu, from recovery, allowing apps to install, not install. No matter what it just starts rebooting randomly, usually every few minutes. I don't have an sd card (that started acting flakey a few updates ago). Very frustrating, any thoughts?

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Re: Kit Kat 4.4 rand reboots

If we assume that you aren't coincidentally having problems with the Power switch then it sounds like you got a bad firmware load.
You could try using Odin to reload the firmware (http://samsung-updates.com/details/30088/Galaxy_S_3_Verizon/SCH-I535/VZW/I535VRUDNE1.html) or you could try using the Kies software (I don't know if it's been updated yet - sorry).

You didn't mention if you'd already tried clearing the system cache in Recovery mode - if you haven't, that should be your first option.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

fotd

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Re: Kit Kat 4.4 rand reboots

thanks I will give that a shot. I did to the cache wipe too, no difference. The only thing that's changed so far is I put it in airplane mode, it rebooted and hasn't rebooted in like 2.5 hours.

GSDer

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't have rebooted putting it in Airplane mode.
I wonder what would happen if you just connect a charger and boot it back up in normal mode? Just wondering if the battery is acting flaky...

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21