Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Cant adjust in-call voulme

Any ideas on how to adjust the in-call volume after 4.4.2 update? Phone is stock, no root......wish I had. Used to be able to adjust the volume simply by the volume rocker while in call, but no longer can after the update. Factory reset after the update and solved other issues I had, but this one is still lingering.

Default Re: Cant adjust in-call voulme

Does it not work if you pull the phone away from your ear first? In my experience, I can't adjust the volume if the phone is still up against my ear.

Quote Originally Posted by dmac1682 View Post
    no root......wish I had
    http://towelroot.com

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    I never thought rooting could be so easy. Easier than Saferoot was.

AC App on SGS3
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Does it not work if you pull the phone away from your ear first? In my experience, I can't adjust the volume if the phone is still up against my ear.
    Nada, seems like the ability to change it only comes if I have a bluetooth device with it. Not cool.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    http://towelroot.com

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    Thought that if you have the OTA update your locked in with no ability to root. This not the case?

Quote Originally Posted by dmac1682 View Post
    Thought that if you have the OTA update your locked in with no ability to root. This not the case?
    Depends on which OTA you're referring to; IIRC, as long as your kernel is dated before June 3rd you should be able to use Towelroot. Read their forum if you have any questions. http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2783157