Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default To Update or Not To Update

Hey all, I'm still on the 4.1.2 Version and have been deferring the update to my phone for some time now just because of all the problems that were discussed here with the update to the next version. I see now that there's a new KitKat update that has been released. Is it safe now to allow my phone to update? Really not sure what its going to update to, 4.2, 4.3 or what. Any suggestions to ease my anxiety?

Default Re: To Update or Not To Update

If you have no interest in rooting or loading other ROMs then there's no real reason to stay on 4.1.2.

I'd imagine that your phone will do a couple of updates (4.1.2 -> 4.3, then 4.3 -> 4.4.x) rather than one all-inclusive jump. If you wanted to skip all of the interim steps you could use Odin to load the latest firmware directly.

I haven't updated to 4.4.x yet; still running a Knox-less version of 4.3 that I'm satisfied with (and the developers haven't released a Knox-less version of 4.4.x) so I can't comment on the 'goodness' of the latest version - some people have claimed weird charging issues; some weird radio signal issues; etc.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk