Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default Contacts photos not displayed. VZ S3

So my phone was only recently updated, and my photos in my contact display are gone along with the blank default icons as well. Additionally the font seemed to get smaller and each contact is narrow making me pinpoint precision. Very frustrating. Once I click a contact their photo shows up just fine. It is liked up with FB and and everything is synced fine. It can't have anything to do with the sync because that's all dandy.
    I've looked everywhere in the settings and come across nothing that helps.

Any information would be appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    11,325 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Default Re: Contacts photos not displayed. VZ S3

Quote Originally Posted by zdez50 View Post
    So my phone was only recently updated, and my photos in my contact display are gone along with the blank default icons as well. Additionally the font seemed to get smaller and each contact is narrow making me pinpoint precision. Very frustrating. Once I click a contact their photo shows up just fine. It is liked up with FB and and everything is synced fine. It can't have anything to do with the sync because that's all dandy.
    I've looked everywhere in the settings and come across nothing that helps.

Any information would be appreciated.

Posted via Android Central App
    Have you tried a reboot of the device to see if it refreshes the contact photos? Give that a try and see if that fixes the problem. Otherwise, go into system settings > applications > contacts (or people) and clear the cache.

Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts

Any fix for this? My wife has the problem but I don't. Here is what it looks like
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Contacts photos not displayed. VZ S3-screenshot_2014-08-20-07-23-39.png  

Quote Originally Posted by Redx View Post
    My wife has the problem but I don't.
    Are you both running the same firmware version?
    Did one of you do a Factory Reset but not the other?

BTW, you should consider reposting that screenshot without her email shown - you could use something like PicSay Pro http://market.android.com/details?id...core.picsaypro (there's also a free version) to edit that out. Forum guidelines prohibit including personal information in posts.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts

I edited the pic, thanks for the heads up...didn't realize that was there.

We have the same everything. newest os and no factory resets.

Quote Originally Posted by Redx View Post
    We have the same everything. newest os and no factory resets.
    Same apps installed? Perhaps you have Facebook and she doesn't? There has to be some reason that her view is different from yours, and it's quite possible that a 3rd party application is responsible. You could both boot into Safe mode http://support.verizonwireless.com/s...ase.html/59242 and see what happens (just reboot again to get out of Safe mode).

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    1,011 Global Posts

She has some apps different. It isn't like this all the time, it randomly does this

I had the same problem twice before. Clearing the cache and rebooting didn't work. However, shutting down the phone and removing the battery did work both times. It is weird how some of these procedures works for some and not for others. Just wanted to let you know what worked for me.

I get it every now and then. 1/2 hour later it's back to normal. It's a head scratcher.

AC App on SGS3
    Samsung Galaxy S3 4gLTE