Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

Unhappy Strange Battery Issue with Samsung Galaxy S3

I've got an issue with the battery on my Samsung Galaxy S3 (OS 4.4.2) I plug it into an outlet at work and then connect it to my phone. It acts like it is going to charge up my phone's battery but the percent charged keeps going down not up. I've checked the outlets and even tried multiple outlets in my office. I get the same thing. I've also tried multiple chargers with no success. Anyone have any ideas on what may be causing this to happen. My first S3 had to be sent back because it wouldn't hold a charge back in June and now I've only had this phone for a couple of months and I have a sinking feeling that the issue is now coming back again.

Any help that anyone can give me on this would be greatly appreciated.
    Cindy
    ---------------------------
    My Android Wallpapers Site
    http://cindysandroidwallpapers.wordpress.com/

Default Re: Strange Battery Issue with Samsung Galaxy S3

Have you already tried a new battery? Maybe your current one is failing. That's what I'd try first.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Have you already tried a new battery? Maybe your current one is failing. That's what I'd try first.
    Bless your heart. I tried it with two extra batteries and came up with the same thing when I'm at work. I went ahead and did a factory reset to make sure that the settings on the phone weren't messed up. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that I got everything straightened out when I go back to work tomorrow so that I can try charging up my phone with the Samsung charger that came with my phone. Hopefully with the factory reset and taking the Samsung charger to work with me tomorrow will help resolve my battery issue. The generic charger that I'm using at home is working like a charm. I used that same charger at work and it didn't work there for some reason.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindylike24 View Post
    The generic charger that I'm using at home is working like a charm. I used that same charger at work and it didn't work there for some reason.
    Try putting your phone in Airplane mode at work and see if it charges normally.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    680 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

Quote Originally Posted by GSDer View Post
    Try putting your phone in Airplane mode at work and see if it charges normally.

Sent from my rooted, debloated, deodexed Sinclair ZX-80 running CM -0.001 using Tapatalk
    I'm wondering if it may have been the battery. It started declining whenever I charged it up today doing the same thing it was doing a few days ago. I called Verizon Wireless about it today. The lady was very nice and tried some troubleshooting things that didn't really seem to help me at all. I ended up changing batteries in my phone and it seemed to remedy the issue today. I'll see how it does in the next few days to see if it was a permanent fix. I hate to put the phone in airplane mode when I'm at work because then I can't get calls or notifications on my phone. I have a delivery tracking program that I need to get when packages come in so I don't have to make multiple trips to the UPS desk at work.
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindylike24 View Post
    I hate to put the phone in airplane mode when I'm at work because then I can't get calls or notifications on my phone.
    I didn't mean that as a permanent solution, but as a check to see if the radios were the reason that the phone wouldn't hold a charge. I worked in a secure lab before and my phone would be completely dead in under four hours because the cellular and Mobile data radios were constantly searching for a signal; just thought something similar might be going on with your phone.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00975...0-20&m1k=vb_ac a good deal on replacement batteries...