Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default SIM card

I know I posted this early today and I thought it was on this forum , so sorry if you've already seen it.

I have a stupid question which I think I already have the answer, but I just need confirmation.

My Verizon contract has been up for sometime for my GS3. I've been waiting to see what's new on the horizon before getting a new phone. My daughter has a Verizon stellar. Can I take at her SIM card out and place it in my GS3?

Thank you in advance

Global Posts
    681 Global Posts
    ROM
    4.2.2 Tablet/4.3 Phone

Default Re: SIM card

I'm not sure if taking the SIM card out of your daughter's Stellar and putting it into your S3 will work. The S3 takes a mini SIM card. Not sure if the Stellar does. When I upgraded from my Droid Bionic to my Galaxy S3, I couldn't just take the SIM card from my Bionic and put it in my S3 because it took a smaller SIM card. I had to get a SIM card that actually fit my S3.

One question I have now. What in the world is the Verizon Stellar? I've never heard of that phone.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
    Cindy
    ---------------------------
    My Android Wallpapers Site
    http://cindysandroidwallpapers.wordpress.com/
    Thanked by:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

It's an ugly phone from Verizon. Wanted something cheap to see if my daughter was mature enough to (a) be responsible with having all that technology in her hands and (b) if she would take care of it. She had it for several years and not a scratch. Never has maxed out her data, doesn't download any apps which I find unusual. She just rather listen to pandora. Doesn't text much, or make calls, she has lots of friends but finds face to face interaction more honest and open? Hates social media sites.The biggest surprise is its in perfect condition.
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by twilite2000 View Post
    I know I posted this early today and I thought it was on this forum , so sorry if you've already seen it.

I have a stupid question which I think I already have the answer, but I just need confirmation.

My Verizon contract has been up for sometime for my GS3. I've been waiting to see what's new on the horizon before getting a new phone. My daughter has a Verizon stellar. Can I take at her SIM card out and place it in my GS3?

Thank you in advance
    It really depends. Is your daughter's phone a 4G/LTE phone? If not, I don't believe you can switch sim cards on a non LTE phone to a LTE phone.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes it's a 4G/LTE phone.