Vzw wave services?

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Does any one have any idea what vzw wave services are and how they affect or if they affect functionality of the GS3?

Here's the "short" story both my sister in law and I have vzw GS3s and got a message last night that the Verizon wave services had stopped working. I ignored the message and my phone seems to be just fine. She ignored it and some how any of her apps that require Internet do not function. Even when she is on wifi they don't work.

She can still make/receive calls, texts etc. Just apps that require Internet do not work.

We both have stock roms and are running the most current update that I am aware of.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
She did reboot, as well as do a battery pull. It still wasn't working.

I'm meeting her tonight to try a cache wipe as well as boot into safe mode to see if it's a rouge app.

I'm also not sure if she updated her security policy recently (that really annoying notification we all keep getting) if so it may be messing with which apps can access the Internet or she may need to allow them access first for some reason.

I will let you know after we try those things tonight.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Update. Seems like it may have been a connection issue. After she left her house and had stronger cell signal and was also off of wifi her phone started operating as usual.

Not sure if the message we got had anything to do with functionality or not.

Guess time will tell.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It may be worth calling Verizon and asking them what their take on it, especially considering it was some Verizon app or service that was giving you the alert.

Nice avatar, by the way!;)

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

Yeah I will have to give them a call and see if they have any thoughts. My guess is they won't and they will tell us to factory reset ha ha. :p

If I get a chance or info from them I will make sure to share!

AxlMyk

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure it isn't vzwavservice?
In Settings /App manager, clear the cache and data for Google+.
Uninstall updates, Force stop it, and turn it off. Turn off Notifications.
The problem is not unique to the S3, as the S5 is also doing it.

AC App on SGS3

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

designwebs

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My wife just spent 2 hours on the phone with VZW to fix this problem. He walked her thru a complete factory reset. Still not fixed. He said he would call her tomorrow afternoon to follow up.

drmaf894c

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks for those links yes that is exactly the message we got! It would help if I had the correct message. I definitely misread it as wave services ha ha my bad.

Glad we are all here to help! Also makes sense why I couldn't find a darn thing about wave services ha ha.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad