new to this.

May 24, 2012
Visit site
I purchased samsung galaxy s3 off ebay supposed to have been brand new. However, I discovered yesterday at Verizon that my phone is rooted when we were trying to update it to the current software version. I contacted the company (pupup wireless) and asked if my phone was rooted they said yes. That they do it all their phones before sending them out due to people wanting them rooted. I was wondering whats the simplest/easiest way I can unroot this device so I can do the software updates OTA with verizon. I do not know anything about rooting or unrooting. Is there anything I can do to get this device unrooted or am i screwed? Thanks

cindylike24

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I purchased samsung galaxy s3 off ebay supposed to have been brand new. However, I discovered yesterday at Verizon that my phone is rooted when we were trying to update it to the current software version. I contacted the company (pupup wireless) and asked if my phone was rooted they said yes. That they do it all their phones before sending them out due to people wanting them rooted. I was wondering whats the simplest/easiest way I can unroot this device so I can do the software updates OTA with verizon. I do not know anything about rooting or unrooting. Is there anything I can do to get this device unrooted or am i screwed? Thanks

I forgot to add it was rooted with towel root. I do not know if this is helpful.

All you have to do is go to sammobile.com and do the following things:
  1. Enter the model of your phone in the site's search box.
  2. Download the latest one to your computer. (Note: This will take a while because it is a large download.)
  3. Once it's downloaded to your computer, go ahead and open the file so it can install on your phone.
  4. Make sure that you have ODIN 3.0x installed on your computer.
  5. Open ODIN 3.0x.
  6. Click on the PDA or AP (depending on the version of ODIN you have on your computer) and select the file that you downloaded to your computer.
  7. Once you've done that, it's now time to get your phone into Download Mode. With the computer off, press the Power button along with the home button and volume down keys. Once the phone vibrates, release the power button. You'll then get a screen asking you if you want to install a custom ROM. Once you get that screen, press the Volume Up button.
  8. Connect your phone to your computer with the micro-USB cable that came with your phone. You'll get something in ODIN that will show you when the phone is successfully connected to your computer.
  9. Click on the Start button and let the program do it's work on your phone. That should remove the root that was put on your phone.

Hope that this helps you out.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie