Help! All incoming calls blocked. Help!

farkomeister

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Suddenly, my phone has decided to block ALL incoming calls, even from my favorite contacts and voicemail. I just cannot receive incoming calls. The notification shows "Missed call from (blocked) [contact name or phone number]." The [contact name or phone number] part shows the name of the contact or phone number that is being blocked.

Outgoing calls work just fine.

I have disabled blocked/black lists on the phone app, removed any restrictions from Hangouts/Voice and any other apps that interfere with the phone functions. I have restarted the phone and restored the phone app from Titanium. I have frozen/uninstalled any third party apps that provide calling/texting functions, such as voice, hangouts, talkatone, etc. I have cleared cache and removed default app options from phone/contacts.

This problem suddenly started and I just cannot figure out what may be causing this problem. When I search online, it shows listings of apps that block calls, etc., but nothing that addresses my problem.

I am an advanced user - I have root on my current phone (Galaxy s3 with 4.4.2), and have installed custom roms on previous phones (an old Charge, s2, S3), etc. I am not a newbie, so, PLEASE answer my issue without condescension - THANK YOU.

I do not want to factory reset my phone - any ideas about what might be causing this problem and how to resolve it?

Also, went through Verizon Tier 2 - no solution.

Phone info: Galaxy s3 with 4.4.2, rooted, on Verizon (I535).

Thanks.

farkomeister

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
I haven't been able to boot into safe mode for a long time. Before I had re-flashed once because an app had corrupted some files, I just couldn't get into safe mode, and I can't do it now.

I'll get a new SIM which might solve the problem, according to VZ. I really don't want to re-flash.

Any other ideas anyone??

Thanks.