Persistent (every 1 second) error: "Unfortunately, Backup Assistant Plus has stopped."

Connor_MacLeod

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
My Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 recently began popping up the error message, "Unfortunately, Backup Assistant Plus has stopped." It reappears within one second of being dismissed, and won't stop.

I've done many soft reboots, battery pulls, SD card pulls, and only once have I managed to get the phone running without the error. If I'm quick enough, I can still do one thing in between error pop-ups, so it's possible to try other fixes. Some that I've attempted so far:

* Cleared the cache for Backup Assistant Plus. (It reappears within seconds.)
* Forced Backup Assistant Plus to stop. (It restarts within seconds.)
* Installed Verizon Cloud, the app which supersedes Backup Assistant Plus.

Anything else I can try before doing a factory reset? Verizon chat support presented no other options.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Persistent (every 1 second) error: "Unfortunately, Backup Assistant Plus has stopped."

Welcome to the forums. Have you tried a data clear of the app? That's the only other thing I can think of to try before a reset.

Connor_MacLeod

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Persistent (every 1 second) error: "Unfortunately, Backup Assistant Plus has stopped."

The "Clear data" button for Backup Assistant Plus is greyed-out. The only active buttons are "Clear cache", and "Force stop", neither of which have been helpful.

Rom-er

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site

The "Clear data" button for Backup Assistant Plus is greyed-out. The only active buttons are "Clear cache", and "Force stop", neither of which have been helpful.
Disable it or reinstall/update it.