Official Verizon HTC One

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
and to boot you can pre order the droid ultra and it will ship by 8/20 I just chatted with a Verizon rep see the following he said we cant pre order the one :( So I guess the One on raod map was a photo shop!!!!!
Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative, we appreciate your patience. Your current estimated wait time is 0 min 34 secs.

Add a tablet to the Share Everything plan for only $10/mo ? no contract commitment - data only plans starting at $30 monthly access! Ask me how.

Your RealTime session ID is RT5576753861.
You are now chatting with 'Darrick'
Darrick: Hi and welcome to Verizon Wireless Sales Chat, my name is Darrick, May I have your name please?
You: Hi I read in a forum that verizon is taking pre orders for the HTC ONE is this true
Darrick: That is not correct.
Jamie: k any news on its release
Darrick: Unfortunately there has not been any news about this phone released to us yet, Are you a current Verizon customer?
Jamie: yes but not for long if it isnt released soon my thunderbolt just started to break and I wont buy any other brand and since I have to replace 3 of them on a family plan I cant hold out much longer I need a phone for work$$$$
Darrick: May I ask if you have reviewed the HTC droid DNA, it offers a bigger screen then the one while offering the same specs.
Jamie: its to old even the one is old by todays standards it was released 6 months ago on other carriers Verizon really dropped the ball on this one
Darrick: Have you reviewed other phones? we do offer much better phones then the one.
Jamie: No they all have issues Samsung has touch wiz and is very laggy when I compared the one and sg4 at att the sg4 wouldnt even load you tube videos the new motos coming dont even have full HD screens and we wont even get on Apple
Darrick: I am sorry to hear that.
Jamie: Ok well nice chatting but Verizon better get on the ball with the One soon or they are loose a customer that pays $6000 over a 2 yr contract!!!!
Darrick: If you would like I can get you the number to call and you can file a complaint if you would like.
Jamie: Sure
Darrick: You can contact Customer Care at 1-800-922-0204 between 6am and 11pm EST.
Jamie: k thank you

I would hate to deal with people like you. So glad I'm not in retail or customer service.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I would hate to deal with people like you. So glad I'm not in retail or customer service.
LOL why cause as a customer I believe we are always getting the shaft when it comes to phone choices on Verizon they have a top notch network but when it comes to phones it's like we always get the bottom of the barrel. Every news article says Verizon dropped the ball so I'm not the only one who feels this way.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Well, 80% of those news articles come from gottabemobile, the most creditable source on android developments.....

But yeah, VZW did drop the ball. No official statement besides "later this summer." No advertising, when supposedly it comes out next week. No press releases.
This phone is going to be on the bottom of the list on the web store. In store it's going to be in the back because they need the space to sell their Droid branded phones, and won't mention it unless you ask.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

The bottom line is that the customer is always right. Regardless of what they say, they have to be treated with respect.

I would call back and hope to get another rep, you know each one will tell you something different.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I too, am waiting "patiently" for Verizon to release this awesome device.

So, while I wait, I can't help to think that maybe what we'll have when Big Red drops this is an upgraded S800 processor, and 4.2.2 out of the box.

I think 4.2.2 is more probable, one less update that VZW would have to push through it's system. But I think the upgraded processor may just be a pipe dream.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Didn't I start that snapdragon 800 rumor? Did it end up on gottabemobile?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I cant atm remember were I first read about it, but this blurb at pocket-lint got me thinking about this being a possible reason behind VZW taking their time releasing the One.

HTC M8 is 2014's flagship handset, but first will be an updated HTC One - Pocket-lint.

As a side note: All this is giving me a reason to look into VZ Edge. With the One coming so late, and a possible updated One, among other new phones just around the corner. It's giving me more incentive to sign-up for this when it comes available.

Last edited:

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The 15th is the date I'm eligible for my upgrade, so it's still all good.
I still have fingers crossed we'll see 4.2.2 out of the box.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
LOL why cause as a customer I believe we are always getting the shaft when it comes to phone choices on Verizon they have a top notch network but when it comes to phones it's like we always get the bottom of the barrel. Every news article says Verizon dropped the ball so I'm not the only one who feels this way.

That's a silly belief. Where in your contract is there any mention of what devices Verizon is required to provide you with?

If you feel as though Verizon is mistreating you, you have the beautiful freedom of choosing another carrier.

What does being rude with lower level employees over your own choice get you? Stop whining. Buy a different device or take your business elsewhere. I can assure you playing internet tough guy isn't going to solve any of your issues.

Last edited:

Bm96

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
That's a silly belief. Where in your contract is there any mention of what devices Verizon is required to provide you with?

If you feel as though Verizon is mistreating you, you have the beautiful freedom of choosing another carrier.

What does being rude with lower level employees over your own choice get you? Stop whining. Buy a different device or take your business elsewhere. I can assure you playing internet tough guy isn't going to solve any of your issues.
Sadly there is no freedom to choose carriers because once you get stuck with a plan you have to either wait until it's over and pay a termination fee.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Sadly there is no freedom to choose carriers because once you get stuck with a plan you have to either wait until it's over and pay a termination fee.

I think that's what he means is leave if it's that bad. Such as I left Sprint for T-mobile since I believe Sprints customer service was mistreating me especially when I was a great customer for them.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

ki11ak3nn

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I think that's what he means is leave if it's that bad. Such as I left Sprint for T-mobile since I believe Sprints customer service was mistreating me especially when I was a great customer for them.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

I used to have Sprint (HTC Evo Shift) I loved their service . Fast speeds in the Seattle area. And their customer service is only second to VZ. The only reason I left was my family was on a VZ family plan AND I wanted the GNex, which later I found out came to Sprint. So that made me sad. :thumbdown: :(

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38