masc69 

Default Re: Official Verizon HTC One

Verizon finally announces it'll carry the HTC One | Android Central

Incase we needed another source!

p.s. Im happy I passed on the gs4

Global Posts
    908 Global Posts

Good! I still resent VZW for taking their sweet a** time, but I'm glad this wonderful phone will be available to even more customers.
    Thanked by:
    CCG123 

I can't wait to purchase this phone

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock LG G2 / CM10 G-Nex

I'm almost 100% sure that I will get this device. Only thing holding me back is to see what the X Phone and the New Nexus handset are. Forget the Google Edition cause Android is about options and I'd rather have the option to use Sense or AOSP.
    ~>2BMEISIMPOSSIBLE<~
    ~>2BURSELFISINEVITABLE<~

Thanked by:
    Banned

Global Posts
    2,980 Global Posts

I want this phone now!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ROM
    CM10

Have the HTC One on Tmo (Couldnt wait for VZW) but will probably cop this .....depending on when it drops and what else is out at that time...

The HTC One will be competing with the new Moto X by the time this rolls out. The S4 will have already found its audience on Verizon simply for lack of competitive available devices. Sorry DNA owners, no insult intended, it's still a nice phone but not quite in the league these others play in. (well at least One and S4, Moto X is still vaporware but I like the Made in USA thing that has going for it already).

Come on Verizon, I got some HTC One money burning a whole in my pocket over here!
    Thanked by:

I want the VZW HTC One too but... do you guys think we'll get a Google Edition? pff probably can't hold out for that though anyway. Man I want this out soon! rather than July or something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    2,032 Global Posts

I doubt there will be a Google edition.

"Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open. -courtesy of Albus Dumbledore, via my droid DNA.

The Google Edition is only going to be available on AT&T and T-Mobile because it will be an AOSP phone and therefore only work with the GSM networks in the US. Verizon and Sprint are CDMA (read: closed) networks and not part of the AOSP.

That is why you can't buy an unlocked HTC One for Sprint.
    -Neph-
    Thanked by:
    pblakk 

Global Posts
    299 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock LG G2 / CM10 G-Nex

Quote Originally Posted by pblakk View Post
    I want the VZW HTC One too but... do you guys think we'll get a Google Edition? pff probably can't hold out for that though anyway. Man I want this out soon! rather than July or something.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim13 View Post
    The Google Edition is only going to be available on AT&T and T-Mobile because it will be an AOSP phone and therefore only work with the GSM networks in the US. Verizon and Sprint are CDMA (read: closed) networks and not part of the AOSP.

That is why you can't buy an unlocked HTC One for Sprint.
    Don't get me wrong I love AOSP and Open but why would you want a GE One. These phones have features that will be lost with AOSP. I'd rather buy my Sense One and Root if I want AOSP so I have an option to go back and forth.
    ~>2BMEISIMPOSSIBLE<~
    ~>2BURSELFISINEVITABLE<~

Thanked by:

ROM
    stock updates

So glad Big Red is getting this phone, I was considering two options, leave Big Red to get better phone options or just get the SG4. I Played with the SG4 in the Verizon store and its good but just didn't have that WOW factor. So today at the mall I stepped into the AT&T store and checked out 2 phones side by side. I took out my thunderbolt and compared the sizes to both the actual screen size is only slightly bigger and both phones overall size was slightly bigger but still comfortable. So before even touching them I noticed the One had a brighter screen. I picked up the One first exited the demo mode and went to YouTube and opened the official trailer for Man of Steel. WOW the video was crisp clear sound was awesome and loud, no lag while watching video, no buffering and while checking the apps it operated crisp with no lag, it just rocked. I then did the same on the SG4 went to YouTube and it couldn't even load the same video was taking for ever just kept the little buffer spinning circle, so after getting the evil eye from the misses outside the store I gave up waiting and left the store. I did like the camera when I played with it at the Verizon store.But I like the feel of the One better than the SG4 I am not a fan of the plastic backing just feels cheap and I know how the start to wear as my Thunderbolt has a plastic back and its loose now. Now if we can just get a release date and specs that would be nice!!!!

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jdane07 View Post
    Good! I still resent VZW for taking their sweet a** time, but I'm glad this wonderful phone will be available to even more customers.
    It may not be entirely verizon's fault this time, considering the supply issues that HTC had with manufacturing.

I'm un-anxiously waiting for this phone to come out. I picked up an S4 off contract, and let's just say I'm a little underwhelmed. I switched from a DNA (which was lag free) to a "better" phone in the S4 which can't even keep up with my typing it lags so much. I want to love this phone, but it has solidified my love for HTC and to get the One. Hopefully I get a date for the One before my 14 days are up so I can return this thing!

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

So looking at the supposed pics of the Butterfly 2 on the main page all I have to say is this: Goodbye Droid DNA (say hello to my wife) and heeeellloo Droid DNA 2 (unless Moto releases some more juicy info on the X soon)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LG G2 (VZW)
    HTC Droid DNA - Moonshined/S-Off
    HP TouchPad - CM10.1 JB 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by dplane View Post
    So looking at the supposed pics of the Butterfly 2 on the main page all I have to say is this: Goodbye Droid DNA (say hello to my wife) and heeeellloo Droid DNA 2 (unless Moto releases some more juicy info on the X soon)

This actually worries me that Verizon is going to wait for this to come out and make sure it's limited to 16gb. Unless they let us use SD cards, I'll not be getting a 16gb phone.

ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

I was in Best Buy getting my dad's father's day present yesterday and the HTC One display was staring at me as I was walking in. Literally taunting me. Verizon needs to release a date A S A P.

I also finally saw the black one and still dig the silver/aluminum combo more.
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by packerbacker View Post
    I was in Best Buy getting my dad's father's day present yesterday and the HTC One display was staring at me as I was walking in. Literally taunting me. Verizon needs to release a date A S A P.

I also finally saw the black one and still dig the silver/aluminum combo more.
    I've heard the black color scratches off, and makes otherwise unnoticeable scratches very noticeable. My fear is verizon will only release a red edition or some colored edition that faces the same issue.

ROM
    Stock Deodexed Froyo

Quote Originally Posted by Noremacam View Post
    I've heard the black color scratches off, and makes otherwise unnoticeable scratches very noticeable. My fear is verizon will only release a red edition or some colored edition that faces the same issue.
    I hope not. I am getting really irritated for a release date.
    My Smartphone Journey on Big Red:
    Motorola Droid --> Motorola Droid 2 --> Samsung Fascinate --> iPhone 4S --> Samsung Galaxy S4

ROM
    stock updates

No further news in almost two weeks since this news that big red would get the HTC ONE sometime late summer has soured a lot of people with Verizon.Even Google search turns up no further news. It's embarrassing enough that they were so late for the party if they wait till late summer many buyers of this phone will wait for the Iphone, moto X or may just wit to see what the Xmas holidays bring. Just look back at how Verizon handles other manufactures they carried and thier phone choices is getting very limited!!!!! Hey BIG RED YOU NEED TO START CARING MORE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS AND PRODUCTS NOT JUST THE NETWORK!!!!!!
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    401 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rookie83 View Post
    No further news in almost two weeks since this news that big red would get the HTC ONE sometime late summer has soured a lot of people with Verizon.Even Google search turns up no further news. It's embarrassing enough that they were so late for the party if they wait till late summer many buyers of this phone will wait for the Iphone, moto X or may just wit to see what the Xmas holidays bring. Just look back at how Verizon handles other manufactures they carried and thier phone choices is getting very limited!!!!! Hey BIG RED YOU NEED TO START CARING MORE ABOUT YOUR CUSTOMERS AND PRODUCTS NOT JUST THE NETWORK!!!!!!
    Wait, are you saying that opening those JLo stores is not caring about their customers? XD

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    LG G2 (VZW)
    HTC Droid DNA - Moonshined/S-Off
    HP TouchPad - CM10.1 JB 4.2.2
    rookie83 likes this.

ROM
    stock updates

Quote Originally Posted by dplane View Post
    Wait, are you saying that opening those JLo stores is not caring about their customers? XD

Just what I need Spanish bling for my One!!!!! and I'm even 1/4 Spanish LOL
  24. Thread Author  Thread Author    #24  

Quote Originally Posted by rookie83 View Post
    I'm now thinking of waiting for the MotoX. I've always been a Moto fan but the HTC ONE looks so nice. Hurry up big red!

jadewolf3 likes this.

I dont even have Verizon and this irritates me.

Just release the phone already! Even though i loved my evo phones in the past, i'm such a fan of the one device for all carriers mind set. I hope carrier specific phones are a thing of the past
    rookie83 and neonworm like this.
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast