Looks to be no time soon for Verizon HTC One

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I chatted with an online Rep today to see if I could get any news on a release date it wasn't to promising!!! Below is the transcript from the chat no she is an online only rep so there information is limited. but she did state that Verizon would give at least 3 weeks notice of its impending release. So with no notice yet that means it wont be out till at least the 3-4 week of July if we are lucky or into August if we go by the tweet of late summer. :(:':)mad:

Please hold for a Verizon Wireless sales representative, we appreciate your patience. Your current estimated wait time is 0 min 1 secs.

Add a tablet to the Share Everything plan for only $10/mo ? no contract commitment - data only plans starting at $30 monthly access! Ask me how.

Your RealTime session ID is RT18284102858.
You are now chatting with 'Alexandria S.'
Alexandria S.: Hi! My name is Alexandria S. with the Verizon Wireless Sales Team. I am available to answer your questions and help you place an order. May I have your name, please?
You: Hi when is the HTC One gonna be announced
Alexandria S.: I'd be happy to assist you.
Alexandria S.: I'm sorry, we have not been released any information on the HTC One.
Alexandria S.: Although, when we do it'll be listed on the website.
You: Do you have any idea how long before the release date will verizon give us as notice like 3 weeks or month and half
Alexandria S.: Hopefully they will give you a notice within 3 weeks, as being only online sales reps we do not get released the info on future device until a few days before.

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
The phone rep I spoke with said July.
The in store rep said late July early August, and it's really fast. I was like, hold up, you've seen the Verizon HTC One? He said he had and they got to play around with it. I guess some of the corporate store reps get orientations on new devices and such.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
An August release would be 5 months after the device became available which is a long time in smartphone years. Between their delay on the ONE and their waiting so long to release the 32gb S4, it's clear Verizon does not care about their customers one bit.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
And its this reason I am leaving as soon as my contract is up.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using AC Forums mobile app

My contract has been up for a while even so I still don't know if I should stay with Verizon or dump them I have to get 3 HTC ones either on a new family share and loose unlimited or buy 3 outright for $$$$$ or switch to sprint and get 3 with cheaper upfront cost and get unlimited with sprint!!!

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Personally I am waiting for the DNA 2 (butterfly s) to come to Verizon. That will be the phone that makes or breaker it for me. If Verizon can do that phone justice then I will stick with em for a while longer. However, if they mess that I'm then I may pay the ETF and go to either t mobile or AT&T

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
On the butterfly s there is 16 GB and then a SD card slot for up to 64 GB of extra storage. (at least this is what I remember). However this doesn't mean that will be true with the DNA 2

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
I can't do with less than 32GB internal, and judging by Verizon's line up this year, I'm going to take a wild stab and say it'll initially be 16GB.

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I would agree it'll probably be 16. For me 16 internal is fine especially if it has a SD card slot. But to each their own, all the more reason to leave Verizon right?

cheeta186

Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
Ouch, that really sucks. I gave up my unlimited data a long time ago. I don't usually go over 2 GB a month anyway.

packerbacker

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
An August release would be 5 months after the device became available which is a long time in smartphone years. Between their delay on the ONE and their waiting so long to release the 32gb S4, it's clear Verizon does not care about their customers one bit.

Sent from my SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app
Sadly, I've known this for awhile, but there's like nothing I can do about it.

I wish I could. But I'm on my parents' family plan and moving somewhere so expensive I wouldn't be able to afford my own plan, so.... ugh

MrEsy

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
Yeah I'm losing what little faith I had in this launch more quickly by the day.

I think HTC USA have been deleting their tweets, but I've been following them for the past few weeks, and the signs don't look good. The most recent ones I've seen said something along the lines of "it will arrive before the end of summer" whereas a few days before they were saying "it should be arriving soon". The only thing that gives me a little idea that it could arrive before the last days of summer is the fact that it seems to be Verizon's holdup rather than HTC's. I've heard Verizon are trying to approve the Android 4.2 (I think) update at the same time, so if it's just that, then maybe it is only a few weeks away.

From a business standpoint though, HTC should be the ones in trouble. People are far more likely to buy an S4 or iPhone 5 the longer this drags on, not switch to another carrier and get the one. I don't know how much HTC's social media user would know about that, but it's still something to think about....

:(

jova33

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
Do you think this will get much dev support? I like AOSP ROMs.
The S4 already has ROMs and stuff happening for it.... hmmmm...

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site

I've looked into switching to a different carrier, but unfortunately Verizon is the only one that will work for me at the moment. I will probably go through one more 24 month contract cycle and see if things have gotten better with the other carriers.

I also think I'm past the HTC One and will wait and see what Moto has to offer. I may be stuck till next year if nothing exceptional comes out this year.

rookie83

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
It Sucks to be a Verizon customer at this point when I made this thread it was a joke on the lack of Verizon giving us an official release date. We all heard rumors of 8/1 and 9/5!!! Then 8/1 came and went bye bye now a new rumor is 8/15 but I don't believe that will happen either. Here's why the droids are set to release 8/20 and they became official about 3 weeks before so if the HTC One was gonna be released 8/15 we should of had an official notice. Others have also posted that Verizon makes dates official 3 weeks before the release. So now we have a little over a week for the 8/15 release date and a little over 4 weeks on the 9/5 date, my bet is the that on 8/15 they are gonna make it official that it's coming 9/5!!! If you look at the Verizon HTC One Discussion forums you can see that everyone is fed up the last post by anyone before this post was 8/3 two days ago (WOW) and how many more people are gonna give up and get something else or jump ship in disgust and how many will stop following these post on 8/15 when the ONE is still not released!!!!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I think Verizon may have felt that since they had the S4 they didn't need to rush to get the htc one. They'll get it sooner or later. Maybe even the one max eventually.

Sent from my Eclipsed S4

scott5626

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I think it will be released 8/15. Mostly because Verizon doesn't have any HTC Android phones at all now. The Incredible is also showing out of stock. They don't always announce all phones weeks in advance and the most certainly don't always do pre orders. Time will tell. I called SAMs club last week when we thought Aug 1st was still the date and the SAMs club employee told me his Verizon rep was just in that morning and told him he would have the One within the next two weeks.

Now the Incredible is back in stock. Verizon has a training event this Wednesday on the Htc One according to a commenter.

Last edited:

gdubs2013

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
From when I called on the first about the HTC One all the reps I spoke with (called 4 different stores) said it was launching on the 15th of this month. They, like many others have said before in the forum, have either seen the phone in person or have began, or will begin very soon, to receive training on the device for the August 15th launch date. This is the same type of thing that happened to the Galaxy Nexus when it was launched. Total secrecy about the device and then it just appeared on shelves without a preorder or 3 week prior announcement, all the heads up we got was through leaked pictures from Verizon or Radio Shack employees.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463