Verizon HTC One : IT'S HERE!!!!

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Visited a local Verizon store in Dayton, OH today and was shown both colors (Black and Silver) and there is no special color for them. Launch day is Thurs 8-1

Last edited by a moderator:

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Re: ITS HERE!!!!

When I saw this thread for some silly reason I was hoping for Note 3. ...but that'll be cause for a world-wide holiday. :D

Sent from my Element Eclipsed S4

WickedRabbit

May 31, 2013
Visit site

Called up a buddy who works at Verizon this morning after seeing this post and all he said is the following:
  • His store has yet to see any accessories, dummy phones or products
  • It's unlikely a town like Dayton would be the first to receive shipment as Verizon typically focuses on Enterprise first when releasing high-end smartphones. Metropolitan areas would be first.
  • There's no mention of the product in their internal systems in ANY capacity as of yet other than the Verizon instructing them to tell customers it's coming 'this summer'
  • Verizon stores would typically be notified on Monday of a device's release that's for the same week that Thursday and - at the latest - all stores should have supplies by Tuesday (Wednesday for stores furthest away from shipping warehouse).

He's not saying this guy is lying, but he's saying his story isn't adding up, but added that he figures that if there's no updates internally by tomorrow that this story is likely very much fabricated because every store receives things the same week. No one would have it a week or even more than a day or two (depending on location) from any other store. So, if it's releasing this week, most stores would know and have what they need by tomorrow. Plus, he added, what's the likelihood some random forum poster posts this before it hits a tech site. It would have had to been in the warehouse with a product code and someone likely would have leaked that by now.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

Droid life is now saying August 15... This is just getting ridiculous

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using AC Forums mobile app

Lol. Not sure how you guys can stand to wait for Verizon. Multiple months to get a new device.. By the time you get it another one will come out shortly after that.. But you're stuck in a 2 year :eek:.

Sent from my T-Mobile HTC One using AC Forums.

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site

Lol. Not sure how you guys can stand to wait for Verizon. Multiple months to get a new device.. By the time you get it another one will come out shortly after that.. But you're stuck in a 2 year :eek:.

That's why VZ Edge is looking very tempting right now.

And why is a T-Mobile subscriber trolling a Verizon Thread?:p

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site

I post everywhere my friend... Not exclusive to just one thread section.

gollum18

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Both edge and next don't have anything on jump. Were ditching sprint for T-Mobile, we can get 4 lines for 100$ unlimited everything. And they have 4g in our area, where sprint won't get it here till 2015.

Plus I can always get that nexus I've been wanting (the play store version, not tmobiles).

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site

Called up a buddy who works at Verizon this morning after seeing this post and all he said is the following:
  • His store has yet to see any accessories, dummy phones or products
  • It's unlikely a town like Dayton would be the first to receive shipment as Verizon typically focuses on Enterprise first when releasing high-end smartphones. Metropolitan areas would be first.
  • There's no mention of the product in their internal systems in ANY capacity as of yet other than the Verizon instructing them to tell customers it's coming 'this summer'
  • Verizon stores would typically be notified on Monday of a device's release that's for the same week that Thursday and - at the latest - all stores should have supplies by Tuesday (Wednesday for stores furthest away from shipping warehouse).

He's not saying this guy is lying, but he's saying his story isn't adding up, but added that he figures that if there's no updates internally by tomorrow that this story is likely very much fabricated because every store receives things the same week. No one would have it a week or even more than a day or two (depending on location) from any other store. So, if it's releasing this week, most stores would know and have what they need by tomorrow. Plus, he added, what's the likelihood some random forum poster posts this before it hits a tech site. It would have had to been in the warehouse with a product code and someone likely would have leaked that by now.

I was expecting a post like this eventually. As you all can see I dont really post that often, only when I feel something lines up with what I understand to be true. The leak of the Verizon Roadmap had me interested in this week. Visiting the store to outfit my GFs new iPhone with an Otter, I noticed both the commuter and defender cases for the HTC One. I was not extremely suprised as I was under the assumption they were being released Thurs according to the road map. After purchasing the case I noticed the employee had an HTC one infront of him and I immediately questioned him about it. He stated he also had Sprint (explains why he had it) I continued to ask if they had any news or updates regaurding the 8-1 date. Withoutasking he shot into the back of the store and brought 2 boxes out (one silver and one black) HTC Ones. A smile and nod to the question of Thursday avaliability and I was on my way.

I should have just labeled this something else but I was too excited.

My UAG case has been ordered today.