Pass on the One???

T-Bone

Sep 28, 2010
Visit site
I?ve been wanting to upgrade my Droid X for quite a while but I couldn?t find a phone I was really excited about. Then the One was announced ? but not on Verizon. But that was the phone I wanted. So I waited and waited? Now it?s almost here. The trouble is it took so long to get here and now it looks like there will be many more choices in the next several weeks. So now I?m thinking; should I at least take a look at these?

My question is; is there a new phone coming out that would make you consider passing on the One? If so, which one and why?

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
The are new phones coming out but the ones specs and overall quality still put it in the top 2 android phones even in another month or two with all these new ones out.

Sent from my HTC One

cdmta

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
And in a month or two, buyers remorse sets in. It shouldn't have taken this long.

Posted via Android Central App

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I?ve been wanting to upgrade my Droid X for quite a while but I couldn?t find a phone I was really excited about. Then the One was announced ? but not on Verizon. But that was the phone I wanted. So I waited and waited? Now it?s almost here. The trouble is it took so long to get here and now it looks like there will be many more choices in the next several weeks. So now I?m thinking; should I at least take a look at these?

My question is; is there a new phone coming out that would make you consider passing on the One? If so, which one and why?

I said this in a different thread but I will rehash here.

If the HTC One launched Several weeks ago I would probably have one today. But with the flood of new Verizon phones coming out in the next few weeks I will probably pass on the one because of battery life.

My requirements are: All day (6:00am to 11:00pm) battery life, and at least 32GB of internal memory.

I think the HTC One is a sexy piece of smart phone technology, and I love that it will come in a 32 and 64GB memory configuration. But the battery life will kill me so I'm going to pass.

I'm looking at the Moto-X when the 32GB model is released
I'm looking at the Droid Maxx
I'm just now looking at the new LG phone, but I think I may pass on it but have not ruled it out yet.

Or I may wait until something else comes out.

Either way I want to make sure I get the right phone for me.

freddyttt

Jul 9, 2010
Visit site
2-3 months makes or breaks nothing for me... the MOTO phones suck and LG with that back button.... no thanks-. I keep my phones for 2 years so 3 months again mean nothing...

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
The only other phone on my radar is the still to be announced Nexus 5 w/Key Lime Pie. But since VZW passed on the last Nexus(lack of LTE), I'm not holding my breath this going to be an option anyway.

So, I'm still waiting on the One.

karn101

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
2-3 months makes or breaks nothing for me... the MOTO phones suck and LG with that back button.... no thanks-. I keep my phones for 2 years so 3 months again mean nothing...

Same here. I tried the HTC One on Sprint for about 10 days. Absolutely loved it. Camera is phenomenal. I've already decided it's the phone I want, especially with 32GB out of the box. I love my DNA, but 16GB just doesn't cut it. I've been eligible for an upgrade for almost a month and will just keep on waiting. Just really hope we get the black one. (Getting the Modaco switch would also be a nice touch!)

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Thank like this, the One still has awesome specs and design comes with this years processor amazing screen and 32gb storage. The new Droids, & X have a older smaller processor, lack luster screen , lack luster camera and crazy software tricks to make it top tier phone. The S4 is the only phone currently able to stand with One. The note 3 and G2 one max are different class devises there phontablets and not alot folks want those huge screens. The One is fine and will be good for 2 years.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

spgiva

Nov 18, 2009
Visit site
I am definitely going to wait till the new line of Moto phones are out so I can at least feel all of them in my hand before making a decision. I am hoping the LG G2 does not take too long to appear in stores (ha!) so I can compare that to. In pictures I still think the HTC One is the sexiest looking of all the devices and I like the specs but I can never make a decision until I have had a chance to feel and use the phone. Here is to hoping that the LG G2 takes a lot less time to make it to verizon then the HTC One (but no, I am not putting any money on that :p)